Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts / Pics, pics, pics of Tiki paintings!

Post #45561 by Chongolio on Fri, Aug 1, 2003 10:25 AM

You are viewing a single post. Click here to view the post in context.

Hey Ren, thanks for the comments about my art. I was a fine arts major before switching to graphic design. It's has kind of been ingrained in me to critique art. I am probally the harshest on my own stuff. Keep up the painting and dont take mine or other folks critiques to seriously. You know what they say about opinions and arse holes... Everybody has one.
Tikihead, Mahalo to you too. My photoshop projects usually start with scanned pencil sketch. After playing with the levels to adjust the contrast. I set the scan layer to "multiply" in the layers pallette and then start adding layers beneath it for my different colors and effects. If you dont know Photoshop that well there are tons of really good books that can get you going in the right direction. Like any medium, a lot of it is experimenting and trial and error. Have fun, Photoshop is an amazing tool.
Tikitony, diggin you style also. The loosness of your lines and the subtle coloring make for a whimsical veiwing experience. Let see some more!
Mauitiki, killer tribal designs and Illustrator tiki. Do you do all your plotting, weeding and transfer taping for your decals? I have a small decal biz here in CA. and have them being sold in several surf shops up and down the coast. I really like your designs keep up the great work!
Here are a couple of my designs,

Definately not as detailed as your stuff, I tend to keep my decal design really simple because I am the one that has to pick out all the little pieces.
What the hell, here is a bar sign that I have did also ( I too could post designs all day!):

Thanks for lookin' and keep up the creatin' and postin'

Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2003-08-01 10:29 ]