Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Anniversary Drink Special at Trader Vic's

Pages: 1 15 replies

In honor of their anniversary, Trader Vic's has lowered the price of their world-famous Mai-Tai from $9.50 to $6.00, when ordering pupus.

Now Trader Vics would just bring back their engraved bucket glassware.

The Mai Tai's are $4.50 on Thursday nights here at Trader Vic's Atlanta and the same on Tiki Torch Nights in honor of the Anniversary.

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2004-07-20 21:30 ]

M

According to the flyer that you can pick up as you enter the Palo Alto Vic's the Mai Tai glass is (allegedly) free on Sunday through Wednesdays(Tuesdays?) when you purchase a Mai Tai "on your next visit" and you show them the flyer. I say "allegedly" because the waiter I had that day and the "manager" he asked knew nothing about the flyer and wouldn't honor the special. I did send TVics PA an email late last week which they haven't responded to yet--Mr Cheapie Smiley

M

Wow, smiley: that kind of treatment sure sounds...typical. sigh

Mrsmiley

Join us at the Trader Vic's Atlanta for the next Tiki Torch Night and I'll make sure you get your glass.

B

Hey mrsmiley, show them the newsletter posted on their website:

http://www.tradervicspaloalto.com/special_features/tvnl.pdf

M

On 2004-07-21 18:26, mrsmiley wrote:
According to the flyer that you can pick up as you enter the Palo Alto Vic's the Mai Tai glass is (allegedly) free on Sunday through Wednesdays(Tuesdays?) when you purchase a Mai Tai "on your next visit" and you show them the flyer. I say "allegedly" because the waiter I had that day and the "manager" he asked knew nothing about the flyer and wouldn't honor the special. I did send TVics PA an email late last week which they haven't responded to yet--Mr Cheapie Smiley

UPDATE*
After I sent a second email to the Palo Alto location, I got back an email from them saying the waiter thought I wanted SIX glasses for free! (I am not sure how he came to that conclusion as I pointed to the two dirty glasses and said "don't we get to keep those-heres the flyer"). The email said they were sorry for the mix-up and they would love to meet me next time I was there. They never said I would get those glasses!
WELL, thanks to David Piscola of the Atlanta Hilton Trader Vic's , I got the TWO glasses(when I was in Atlanta)-a small one and a standard sized one. Talk about Southern Hospitality!! Thanks, again, David!!

On 2004-07-20 21:30, tiki_kiliki wrote:
The Mai Tai's are $4.50 on Thursday nights here at Trader Vic's Atlanta and the same on Tiki Torch Nights in honor of the Anniversary.

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2004-07-20 21:30 ]

I would prefer the Mai Tai for the cheepy price... we get the Zombies for that price on our Tabu Tiki Night in Chicago...

I enjoy nabbing more swizzle sticks than I am alotted when I go up to the bar to order a drink... I try to stand near the waitstaff station :wink: My favorite swizzles are the yellow spear ones...

Has anyone seen the swizzles with the little guy on them? It looks like a little chubby Vic's guy or a Menehune... what kind of drink do they come with?

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-08-27 23:01 ]

Thanks for the tip christiki295. I guess you're talking about the Beverly Hills Vic's? Do they let ou keep the glass or do you have to slip it in your pocket?

Hey LakeSurfer - the little menehune guy comes with the Menehune Juice drink (except on Mondays, when that drink is on special - in Chicago at least).

There's a lil' wahine version and a lil' kane version - collect 'em all!

Also, the Mai Tai is on special cheap in Chicago too, but on Thursdays only (I think it's Thursdays).

Bruce - you are like me: willing to travel 3000 miles for a free Mai Tai glass - it's the principle!

I recently did a home inspection for some friends. They thanked me by taking us to dinner at Trader Vic's, Beverly Hills last night. Service, food, and drinks were very good. The Mai Tai was $6.00 with an appetizer. For an additional $6.00 you can get the "60th" anniversery of the Mai Tai glass. One side has the original recipe, the other side some TV philosophy. They would not sell the Tiki Bowl. Their Scorpion was the most complex and best tasting of the drinks we had.

Mahalo, Bongofury,

I didn't realize I could obtain a pair of Trader Vics anniversary glasses.

I finally picked up a pair at the Beverly Hills Trader Vics.

How was it at the B.H. T.V's.? All in good shape? I had heard that the NEW OWNER of the Beverly Hilton did not like T.V.'s, and that he was going to make a change. But that has been refuted by T.V's management since.

So I'm just checkin'.

P

I was there having dinner and (of course) cocktails less than a month ago. In fact, I ran into Tim (Sabu) when I was there. Everything seemed just fine to me. No changes, food was excellent and so were the drinks. I certainly hope that continues. We don't need to lose one of the last of the old style tiki locations.

In fact, I wonder if an additional tiki was added at the easternmost booth in the bar.

The tiki mugs and scorpion bowls, with the gardenia, continue to be available.

The bar staff also were wearing beautiful Trader Vics tiki shirts.

[ Edited by: christiki295 on 2005-02-14 23:00 ]

Pages: 1 15 replies