Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

I'm trying to plan/create a Crazy Tiki Event?

Pages: 1 10 replies

Aloha,

Can anyone tell me how I might get in touch with someone from J.R. McNasty Productions, or anyone else who might put a Tiki event together? I'm in the Southern California area and might have a great Retro/Tiki Resort that needs a little Ressurection in the Palm Springs area.

Any help would be appreciated!

Mahalo

I think some guy here has done one. What was the name of that deal he put together??? I think his name is Otto or something like that. :)

TR you are too funny man, and my best advice to you PANTS stay away from doing events, this is just a friendly piece of advice, write it all down send it to the right people let them do it and you just show up and have a killer time, and WHY would Tiki Toa say such harsh things. Because he is too stupid to take his own dang advice and leave big time tiki events to the professionals that is why. Wanna buy some raffle tickets with some really cool prizes?? Read, read again, and then read some more. There is a lot of history on this site, some really good art and tikis to be seen, think of it as a treasure hunt, knowledge is what you seek go forth tiki lover and discover the joys of TIKI CENTRAL. In the country there are many many events, 98% of which occurr in Calitikifornia, there seems to be a event about every weekend unlike here in Wisconsin where there was none and I had the Yahoo Serious moment and decided to do my own, hopefully I survive and I will be able to offer other great nuggets of wisdom to the tiki massess at a later point, Thank you, good night, please return to your normal television broadcast.

If you can't
make it to the party,
make your own.
http://www.tiki-asylum.4t.com

[ Edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-07-21 00:07 ]

Thanks Erich!

Just looking to put the right people together for an original new Tiki event.

L.P.

Good on you Pants, and now you have Erich's email you will have someone who has done an extremely outstanding event to work with on some of your enthusastic ideas. I apologize for my previous post I did not mean to try and discourage you, but to warn you of the pitfalls of going solo. Good luck in making your vision of a great event happen.

On 2004-07-20 21:39, LavaPants wrote:
I'm in the Southern California area and might have a great Retro/Tiki Resort that needs a little Ressurection in the Palm Springs area.

Is there another Retro/Tiki Resort in Palm Springs besides the Caliente Tropics? Just wondering.

Was never planning on going solo!!!

And it's more of a ranch than a Motel

To be continued at a later date.................

H

On 2004-07-21 13:12, vintagegirl wrote:

I'm in the Southern California area and might have a great Retro/Tiki Resort that needs a little Ressurection in the Palm Springs area.

Is there another Retro/Tiki Resort in Palm Springs besides the Caliente Tropics? Just wondering.

There's just one that I know of, Indianola. But it wouldn't surprise me one bit if a few of those fabulous midcentury homes were hiding really classic tiki bars.

Look forward to hearing details, LavaPants (great name!), and welcome to Tiki Central!

M

On 2004-07-21 14:20, Humuhumu wrote:

On 2004-07-21 13:12, vintagegirl wrote:

There's just one that I know of, Indianola. But it wouldn't surprise me one bit if a few of those fabulous midcentury homes were hiding really classic tiki bars.

There was also the (not very) Tiki Spa /Hotel (or whatever it was called) that finally closed its doors this year or late last. It was located around the corner from the Caliente Tropics. They did have the Book Of Tiki on display in their run-down lobby.

Have a nice Tiki Day!

[ Edited by Humuhumu to fix BBCode quotes ]

[ Edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-07-21 16:34 ]

Thanks!!!

I believe that there's nothing worse than talking/hyping something up before it actally happens. I need to talk to the right people first before we get all excited. Keep your fingers crossed. I hope to meet with some folks within the next month. This will take some time to get everyone on board if they like the idea.

Alright, Thanks for the support for now!

Pages: 1 10 replies