Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Dave Burke- Two Face Tiki

Pages: 1 8 replies

I bought this painting on ebay a few years ago ~ BTC (before Tiki Central). I can’t believe I haven’t shared it!

It’s by Dave Burke ~ and I had it framed by Link at Frame Fetish. (couldn’t get a good image because of glare..)

I adore everything about this painting, even though I usually like cute things, these colors, texture and elements (the flies and the dangling eyeball) make me giddy-happy.

My husband feels dissimilarly. Neither of us can put into words why we like/dislike it, but we each feel strongly. I guess Art is supposed to do that, evoke emotions.

So, Two Face Tiki has been moved around and around my tiki room, looking for a wall where I can enjoy it ~ yet hidden enough so Todd isn’t disturbed by the 3.5 eyeballs following his every move!

elicia

B

Well that is a very interesting tiki or 1 and a half as it is. Gorey tiki, monster tiki,Freeky teeky Why did you hide it for so long. I think its Cool

It reminds me of something you would find in a wax pack with a stick of gum. Just my impression.

I would like to see the print in the frame. If you shoot the frame at an angle, instead of standing in front of it, you will get a shot without glare. You might want to take a few to find the right spot, thats if you have a digital camera.

[ Edited by: net-tiki on 2004-07-21 12:24 ]

Who owns the original print of this again?
I couldn't find the TC thread.

D

bamboo dude: big hunk of gum 8x10.. he does sell the series of tiki in sticker form..

unga: i own the original :)

nettiki: a quick shot of the framed painting (i'll keep trying) i wish my digital cam had a viewfinder, instead of just the lcd screen.

K

Eye-poppin' fun!

Huge Magazine's Tiki Collection, Patterns, Pics and Links: http://www.hugemagazine.com/html/tiki.html

[ Edited by: kingslod on 2004-07-29 18:10 ]

Hey dogbytes,

The two faces could represent both you and husbands views on this painting???

:tiki: :tiki:

[ Edited by: TIKI TROY on 2004-07-30 10:16 ]

On 2004-07-30 10:14, TIKI TROY wrote:
The two faces could represent both you and husbands views on this painting???

i like that theory, although its more representitive of a messy divorce!

i really should show Todd more of Burke's work, maybe something with less flies.
:o

elicia

Pages: 1 8 replies