Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

ANNOUNCEMENT: Four exclusive new Shag prints ONLY for Grand Members!

Pages: 1 28 replies

Aloha!

I'm pleased to announce that Shag has created four new prints for sale exclusively to Grand Members. Details can be found here.

For people who are not yet Grand Members but would like to purchase a set, there are currently more sets than there are Grand Members. However, the Initial Offering is only for people who became Grand Members on or before July 20th.

The remaining sets will become available to all Grand Members regardless of sign-up date shortly after the Initial Offering is over.

Mahalo,

Hanford

T

WOW these are cool, I can finally look forward to owning some sweet Shag prints and thanks to all of who ever made this happen. Hey Monkeyman can I be first in line to get these framed? But Hanford where is your image? :wink:

I was just going to ask the same thing. Hanford, where are you?

Excellent prints, thank you for thinking of us and giving us grand members this unique opportunity to own a peice of history.

I will be eagerly awaiting August 13th.

Monkeyman

M

WOW, they are great...counting down the days!

M

WOW!!! I knew that being a Grand Member would pay off!! Thanks Hanford and SHAG!!!! This is the best news I've had all day!!!

Matt

Wow!!! What a great gesture SHAG has made offering up these prints at a price so much lower than his prints are fetching. I am a big fan of his art and I think these are his coolest prints yet and for that price I am giddy with excitement that I am already in line for these prints. Mahalo SHAG, Sven, Hanford,Leroy, Otto and all those involved this truly rules.

[ Edited by: mcdougall on 2004-07-21 18:12 ]

DZ

Hanford-- can we purchase these in the order that we became Grand Members? I think that would be a fine idea myself... :wink:

The exact method of how numbers will be assigned has not yet been determined.

However, as you can see from the Initial Offering method, I’m trying hard to make this fair to existing Grand Members without stand-in-line, worrying-about-sell-outs, and refreshing-the-website-every-10-seconds type things.

Now, keep in mind that the first 100 Grand Members joined within 24 hours of it’s announcement. It is clear to me that these people were joining basically as soon as they could. The difference between being #1 and #100 had more to with whether or not you check Tiki Central before work on the East Coast or at night on the West than anything else.

So, to say that your position in the Grand Membership Register determines your Shag Print number (and future offerings?) does not seem like the best idea to me.

~Hanford

T

Draw numbers out of a hat?

PS, I've put up a FAQ to help clear up some of the questions about all this ...

~Hanford

N

Maybe a first come first serve list will work, after the initial grand members get their prints. I would like to be on list.

M

Even though this doesn't really help me out, maybe the numbering could relate to when you joined Tiki Central and/or the number of posted messages.

The older members would get the lower numbered prints.

Well there's no list. Yet.

The idea is that it's Grand Members only, and when the second sale comes around I'll let everyone know, and normal (non Grand) members can buy a membership at that time if they want to get one. So it basically increases the price by $24 bucks. But that is virtually the same price the Grand Members paid too, they just paid their $24 in advance.

~Hanford

M

If you look at the big picture 24 bucks to be a Grand Member is nothing...dont go to Starbucks for 3-4 days and you have the extra cash...and I dont think it is about "bourgeoisie"...it is simply about supporting an endeavor to get people together who love tiki and want to share information. Web Sites do not come cheap, especially ones like this one with SO MUCH information.

JT

Awesome prints!! Count me in.

Umm, call me dumb, but where does one go to purchase these on the appointed day? To the Shag site or somewhere else?

I'm in too!

Thanks!

On 2004-07-22 01:59, virani wrote:
I'm on the list for the second sale (if there's one for the regular member who're not paying 2 bucks a month to be in the tiki-high society, the bourgeoisie of tiki).

The vast majority of grand members paid their $24 because they loved Tiki Central and wanted to help Hanford defray the costs of running something that was important to us.

We happened to be the Bourgeoisie Tiki High Society before the Grand Membership was even mooted. ;0

Trader Woody

On 2004-07-22 10:10, Tiki Flange wrote:
Umm, call me dumb, but where does one go to purchase these on the appointed day? To the Shag site or somewhere else?

You'll go to the Shag offer page:

http://www.tikicentral.com/tikicentral/shagoffer.htm

~Hanford

On 2004-07-21 16:09, Tiki-Toa wrote:
But Hanford where is your image?

Yes, this was my immediate thought as well. However, as I mused on the subject it became apparent that Mr. Hanford Lemoore is a revered yet mysterious man. How many folks out there have met him, or even seen a substantiated photo? So, perhaps immortalizing his image in this series would not be to his benefit. He is unknowable and unseeable and that may be where the great power of Hanford Lemoore lies! Anyhooo... mahalo for this great Grand Member reward, Hanford.

-Weird Unc

On 2004-07-22 10:51, Trader Woody wrote:
We happened to be the Bourgeoisie Tiki High Society before the Grand Membership was even mooted. ;0

oooo Trader Woody... when you put it that way, how can I resist any longer? To be in Tiki High Society is all I ever wanted in life! That, and a cool mai tai shared with my high society friends.

What a swell party this is!

V

ok, i was wrong about grand membership, sorry everyone. I didn't know the all stuff.
Thanks
Virani

On 2004-07-21 16:09, Tiki-Toa wrote:
But Hanford where is your image? :wink:

See Fearless Leader thread, Main Forum

Two days!!!

M

Less than two days!!!!

So, has the numbering been figured out?

Do I have to get up early to get a low number?

B

Good question!

So what time can we start looking for them on the 18th?

I missed the initial offering by one tikin' day.

They will be available sometime in the morning of the 18th.

Please note: By clicking this link and going to the last page you can see the number of Grand Members we have. As of this writing it's 226.

We have 200 sets, and 226 members. So assuming there are at least 26 Grand Members who don't want to take advantage of this offer, everyone who wants one will get one.

In other words, I don't think this is going to be one of those "wake up 15 minutes before October 18th and check TC every minute until they go on sale" type of events. They will sell fast but I can't imagine them selling that fast. I could be wrong though.

Now, between now and the 18th there may be more members joining, so that number will change.

~Hanford

Pages: 1 28 replies