Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Purple Orchid this Saturday, 7/24 (possible Otto appearance?)

Pages: 1 11 replies

H

I think I saw a brief comment at the end of one of Otto's recent Tiki News emails that he might, possibly be at the Purple Orchid this Saturday night. (I've already deleted the email, can someone double-check?) The whole thing sounds rather nebulous, but hey, I'm game for a meetup at the PO, if others are into it. Whaddya say?

Critiki - Hundreds of tiki bars, Polynesian restaurants, and other sites of interest to the tiki traveller, collector or urban archaeologist

[ Edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-07-22 19:45 ]

H

I saw the same note, and yes he was kind of passive about it. Maybe I will go to, never been there before.

Some say the ways of tiki are enigmatic. Others describe such ways as ephemeral. Still others describe them as a swirling miasma of confusion. Such is the mystery of all things tiki.

And yet it may be possible that we will be blessed with a rare and not to be missed Otto appearance in, of all places, El Segundo.

Only the devout, the patient, and those tolerant of ambiguity and uncertainty will thrill to the unknown until it is manifest.

h.h., the answer is yes.
i will b hitting p.o. on the way to a friends gig in hermosa...
c.u.there?

H

Looks like it is going to be girls night out.

Anyone know if there will be any bands playing on July 24th? In August, Dawn Shipley will be playing there. I believe its August 28th, But you can check herwebsite for more info... http://www.dawnshipley.com

DZ

Well, I guess I'll be the lone guy, as it looks like Z-Girl and I will be there, and we'll be bringing TikiCutie with us...

Dang, I don't think I can make it, spent too much at Oceanic Arts today on parts with which to make my monkey marionette....

Next time! Wish I could go, I'd like to say hi to Otto again, it's been a few years.

Hi to everyone else, too!

Tikicutie

H

Otto was there. It was good. I got kissed by an Englishman. Otto is good luck.

My dear Ms. Humuhumu,

On behalf of Englishmen everywhere, we thank you for your friendliness. But due to constitutional issues, we're very much afraid that we are obliged to forbid any further contact between you and our grandson.

Regretfully yours ....

[ Edited by: Satan's Sin on 2004-07-25 14:53 ]

On 2004-07-25 04:16, Humuhumu wrote:
Otto was there. It was good. I got kissed by an Englishman. Otto is good luck.

Kissed by an Englishman? Pish tosh, anyone can get kissed by an Englishman, I've even been kissed by an Englishman. Now getting Kissed by a Welshman, that's a reason to celebrate!

well, i missed otto - but i did witness the kiss!

so it was worth the drive :wink:

Pages: 1 11 replies