Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Wai Tiki Paintings

Pages: 1 11 replies

Here's four paintings that I just completed for the Wai Tiki Bar being built in Orlando.

Here's the big boy 36"x60" Although the photo doesn't show it this painting is really detailed and tight . I need to set up a place with good lighting to take pics. Anyhow.

Here's me with the painting, damn I'm handsome.

T

awesome paintings!!!!! makes me wish i had the $ to buy one!

Fine work - but who's that funny-looking tiki on the left with the hat? :)

By the way, that's at least the 4th time you've painted the Bali Hai - and nothing is lost on any of them. That's great to paint the same thing repeatedly without showing signs of "wear" with each passing piece. It would seem that "The Law of Diminishing Returns" would begin to take effect somewhat after the first or second one!

http://www.samgambino.com

[ Edited by: sam gambino on 2004-07-24 00:21 ]

B

Nice!

On 2004-07-23 23:35, Sam Gambino wrote:
By the way, that's at least the 4th time you've painted the Bali Hai - and nothing is lost on any of them. That's great to paint the same thing repeatedly without showing signs of "wear" with each passing piece. It would seem that "The Law of Diminishing Returns" would begin to take effect somewhat after the first or second one!

Man I painted Mr. Bali Hai more than anything, more than four times! What's funny is yesterday when I finished the painting I said the same thing to myself. Then I checked my email and had a commision for another Bali Hai burlap for Monkeyman. I must admit that I hate painting stuff more than once but since the Mr Bali Hai image and mug has always been a favorite of mine it doesn't bother me.

It was interesting painting it that big, it completely changed the way I approached it. I haven't painted that big in a while.
Also I didn't want to quit working on it but ran out of time. I'm probably going to be doing another big painting for his bar in Colorado which is cool because I want to paint big somemore.

G

36x60, my favorite size! beautiful paiting Flounder!! I love da big stuff.

S

Nice work flounder, your versatility as an artist is amazing, your burlaps, mixed media, mugs, as well as that giant painting are incredible. We patiently await our commission.

Now I am sure to step on toes by asking this, but I want a print of the BIG BOY. That is a great picture, Can you, would you, will you make prints so us po people can enjoy your art? I don't know how all that works, I just know what I like...

On 2004-07-25 19:31, bananabobs wrote:
Now I am sure to step on toes by asking this, but I want a print of the BIG BOY. That is a great picture, Can you, would you, will you make prints so us po people can enjoy your art? I don't know how all that works, I just know what I like...

I wont be able to do prints because I didn't get a good pic of it. I wanted to but didn' t have time. I might try to work something out with the owner where I can go in after hours with a photographer to get a good pic.

I would really like to do prints of this piece.

Thanks everyone.

I'm holding the spot on the wall over the bar for a copy!

B

Nice stuff as usual and getting better. I'm not sure about the most handsome, it would be the red guy on the right if he didn't have those buggers hanging out his nose.

Pages: 1 11 replies