Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The Tikis in Lake Elsinore /Danny Balsz update?

Pages: 1 5 replies

Aloha,

Please forgive me if this topic was run into the ground before I found this site. (I dont see this topic anywhere else on TC)

I was in the Lake Elsinore area a couple of weeks ago & I could'nt help wonder if Danny Balsz is still living on the Tiki's grounds & if it is still standing, or not?

LP

T

Cool,

Thanks for the threads. I figured it was probably gone by now. I see someone mentioned his story would make a great book. How bout a great movie!!!(if done right)

I'm just glad Sven got to document it before it was too late.

I have a postcard from the Tikis when it was located in Monterey Park dated 12/9/73...unfortunately it doesn't show what the place looked like - it's a group show of the servers, dancers and performers who worked there. Of note though is what is written on the back...

"Here is where we were last nite. This is a fabulous place took 76 people here. Polynesian dinner and show it was great. These bus trips are the only way to go no driving and all free for us. We have it made. Love, Mom and Dad"

JohnTiki

Aloha from the enchanted Pi Yi Grotto in exotic Bel Air Maryland!

[ Edited by: johntiki on 2004-07-25 22:28 ]

That's Hot!

Nice find!

I found a mug from the TIKI's (Basic Easter Island style)

l8s

S

does anyone know if Danny Balszs lava installation in the Montebello bowls bar is still around? The last I had seen of it was 1997. I am no longer local so can't run by....
I told my mom that DB had passed away and that he has lots of fans, She used to date him in the early 50's and said he always had weird plants growing in his basement.....

Pages: 1 5 replies