Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

eBay: Gloriously Tacky Black Velvet Painting

Pages: 1 5 replies

My friend asked me to sell this painting on his behalf as he is computer-challenged. His current girlfriend told him it had to go. I say the girlfriend should go if she can't appreciate the fine art of black velvet. Any-hoo I just wanted to share this with the masses so y'all could at least get a good chuckle over this massive masterpiece. Auction ends July 29th but I'll keep the pics up longer so all can see.

Here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=3922457649&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

VERY nice! The back-lighting is a new one on me!

Tell your friend to reconsider his girlfriend. Anyone who doesn't "get" this isn't going to "get" a lot of other things.

T

MAYBE, she felt she did not measure up to the painting and that it had to go if he ever hoped to get "it" again? Just a thought.

my wahine would probably be cool with it, but i know several women i had dated that would not. i'm glad i married my wahine :)

My wife would allow it only because she's given up.

being of the female pursuation myself, I can appreciate the art and the nek-kidness...

The girlfriend has tolerated his massive tiki collection, the billboard sized framed Pirates of the Carribean poster, the bigfoot plaster cast footprints, but drew the line on this one. I guess I can cut her a little slack...

but shouldn't she have to sacifice at least a couple of Hello Kitty collectibles in trade?

Pages: 1 5 replies