Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

telltale tiki postcard image (peek-a-boo)

Pages: 1 27 replies

K

possibly the card image for my show at Mmodern Gallery in December...

FANTASTIC!

When is the show?

Dec. 11th - Jan. 2nd

T

WOW ATOMIC TIKI SURFER!! Outstanding as always Kooch!

K

thanks! there are going to be MANY MANY pieces included in this show...all shapes sizes and in every color of the rainbow...all put together to tell a story!

thanks for the feedback! i hope i see you in december!

It's a taco eating tiki! That's ME!!! well maybe it isn't but I can dream can't I ?

Kooche - your mind is one strange place...I love it!

I'm totally diggin' the pirate. And the shark. And the 6 armed, 2 legged, flame head octotiki...

Is this making anyone else hungry? It also makes me want a Tiki mug with real hair whiskers & a monocle...

On 2004-07-27 08:07, freddiefreelance wrote:
Is this making anyone else hungry? It also makes me want a Tiki mug with real hair whiskers & a monocle...

Speaking of mug-wish-lists...

Hint hint hint!!!

-Z

Very nice, Miles

S

Miles- every image I have glimpsed from this show is incredible.We will definitely be there, gotta start saving now to add to the Thompson gallery that our house has become. Is Danny still gonna hook up those bad boys with some sweet custom frames?

P
pablus posted on Sun, Aug 1, 2004 8:19 AM

I always wondered what powered 6 armed Tikis and now I see it's nuclear.

Love this piece.
The colors are incredible.

I want a drink.

B

Kooch, really kool. Don't you wish you had 6 arms like that? You could turn out 6 masterpieces at a time. As it is now you'll have to work 6 times as hard to catch up.

K
kooche posted on Fri, Aug 6, 2004 2:29 PM

thanks you all

i just stepped in the door from Kauai where i got to stay for 6 nights in a small plantation town on the south side named Koloa...it was MIND BLOWING! what a lifestyle!

we plan to head back ASAP and when we do i think we'll try to stay put for a couple weeks to let the sun really soak us up and truly crush our mailander will...

while i was there i took a helicopter tour and was almost crying with joy as we took to the air...nothing like it...a native hawaiian named Gardener was giving us a tour of the garden isle...i felt like i was there with an old soul...he gave the grooviest tour i could imagine and i have to say it inspired me to learn a bit more about WHO the Hawaiian people are...where did they come from...so i picked up some literature that has given me an amazing new respect for the hardships that those ancient people lived by and weathered...all i could think when i was there was "my god"

i also found a serious payload of old records and a couple of shirts that will blow you away when i get a chance to flash them for you...

http://homepage.mac.com/milesthompson/PhotoAlbum4.html

mahalo and aloha kids

T

Great stuff Kooche, thanks for sharing

K
kooche posted on Fri, Oct 1, 2004 5:07 PM

this could work too i guess...

T

WOW.
Man's obsession for tiki,
caputured in a beautiful scence.

K
kooche posted on Fri, Oct 1, 2004 9:22 PM

actually that is a man mourning his true love's death...but i am gald that you like it! still not decided on a post card image...this could be it...

this painting will make you wonder a lot less when i have the whole show lined up in order...only about 20 or so more images to do and the story will be forever told...see you in december i hope!

T

in explaining enlightenment....kooch, your work, your art, transcendt.

JV

peek - a - boo
One of my favorite DEVO songs and videos. awesome stuff as always Miles....

K

can someone please play some devo for me...i love them!

thanks you guys! nice to hear it! thanks for the supportive words!

Lovin' your art. The first piece shown on this thread reminds me of some of my other favorite art, Huichol Indian yarn art. Best of luck with your show.

S

Keep painting Miles... we will see you at the show, if not some time sooner at the Ti.

B

Miles, What can I say but SWEET. Very moving, It reaches, it touches, it slaps you in the face.
Love it.

K
kooche posted on Sun, Oct 3, 2004 7:42 PM

YO! thanks guys! i got a LOT more painting to do...i can't wait to show you the rest of the show...though there is much to do there is almost as much already complete...that is to say i am almost half way done...

thanks for the support once again!!! i love this place!

Kooche,

Incredibly cool, weird, and hip! I love the tiki hieroglyphics on that last one.

It's a beautiful world we live in...

A-A

MG

Amazing stuff!
I love the colors and texture.

Very, very cool. I'm speechless.

Pages: 1 27 replies