Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Room Farewell July 29th... or 30th?

Pages: 1 1 replies

S

The tiki Room at Disneyland is going away for a while. Looks like the last chance to see the show for now is Thursday July 29th or Friday the 30th. (anyone know for sure?) Just wondered if there's any interest in a Tiki Central occupation of the premises for the last show.

Here's info from MousePlanet:

Long-Awaited Rehab
The following three items are reported by David Koenig.
Beginning Friday, July 30, the Enchanted Tiki Room, the Plaza Pavilion and Aladdin's Oasis will be shuttered for a major, seven-month rehab. One source claims all three structures will be gutted and the interiors rebuilt.

Most in need of attention is the oft-neglected, termite-infested Tiki Room. "The Tiki Room interior will be completely rebuilt with the audio-animatronics sporting new technology," a cast member reported. "The show will NOT change to the one like Walt Disney World. Our Tiki Room will retain the original music and show."

The last few years Plaza Pavilion has served as an Annual Pass processing center, currently handling overflow with primary operations transferred two months ago to the Bank at Town Square. It will eventually be replaced by a permanent AP processing center in the San Francisco District at DCA. One rumor is that the Plaza Pavilion will get new kitchens and return from the rehab as a restaurant once again. Others claim the facility will be converted into a giant pin store/trading center.

The possibility of new kitchens will also determine the fate of Aladdin's Oasis, which had common food prep areas. Some speculate the area, now used as a storytelling venue, may again become the Tahitian Terrace.

Scheduled completion date is March 12, 2005

[ Edited by: spy-tiki on 2004-07-26 18:56 ]

W

Im taking my 2yrold to DisneyLand tomorrow w/some friends..........we'll be sure to catch a show. I hope the remodel doesnt change the place too much. We've enjoyed it since I was a kid. Ill see if anyone working there has any additional info
........at the tiki tiki tiki tiki room.....

Pages: 1 1 replies