Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

eBay: Jesus goes tropical? Not my auction, (meant as a joke)

Pages: 1 6 replies

This ebay item cracked me up. The picture of the shell with the Jesus and Mark figurines was too much. Cool Lamp, but the jesus figures made me laugh.....I just don't get the connection between the two.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=35803&item=3922970228&rd=1

disclaimer-- not meant to offend anyones beliefs, insight religious discussion, offend the seller, or make the mods iritable.

I just thought it was another funny example of the things you'll find when you type in "shag mug".

Erich

"shrines" of a shell-like shape were fairly common in 1950's america. another example of kitsch conglomeration of disparate elements...

You can find shed loads of jesus-shell-shrines like that in Spain.

I've seen really BIG clam shells with shrines in the middle out in people's yards. They are the kinds of shells our little subculture covets. I guess big shells, when they were easier to get, may have been the precurser to the upturned bathtub.

What I really dislike about this is the use of the word "Shag" in the product description's line.

There is nothing remotely "Shag" about this product. It is in the product description purely to "trick" people searching for Shag products to take a look at this. And once "tricked," then the customer will somehow be compelled to order this thing ... ? I'd really like to talk to the person who posted this on ebay. Ask them what their logic is. Is it the same logic of companies that jack in a bunch of annoying popups that engender even more popups as soon as you click the window closed, as if their screaming presence will make you surrender your credit card number to shut them up?

But then, judging by this person's command of grammar and spelling, I'm sure that a conversation with them would be as satisfying as a dialogue with a rock. Or Rush Limbaugh.

Just what does this statement mean?

"OTHER THAN MARY BEING SLIGHTLY CRACKED AT THE BASE OF JESUS"

And why is there no picture of the lamp turned on?!

SHOW ME THE LIGHT!

-Silly Tikiwahine

Pages: 1 6 replies