Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Trader Vic's Flaming Brandy

Pages: 1 5 replies

Anyone know anything about this stuff? I was at a small liquor store earlier this evening and saw two bottles of it. The label is very old-looking, the cap has the old-style tape on it, and the label says "Copyright 1965 Trader Vic's." They are $9.99 each, nowhere near mint condition, but I don't think the proprietor knew what he had.
Might it be worth it to pick these up?

$9.99 in the shop, but the sky might be the limit on eBay!?! Long live the free market.

ebay is as much 'the free market' as is the local liquor store - Supply & Demand I think the story goes!

T

By all means buy both. One for yourself and one to package securely and ship to me!

8T

Wow this is a really old thread. I just found one of these bottles and wondered if anyone had posted a photo before. Since there wasn't one here, Now you can see yet another one of Trader Vic's products. Vintage 1965.

From the back label: "Flaming Brandy Trader Vic's Personal Selection

Exquisite 100 proof brandy for flaming dishes and desserts.

This fine, light brandy is exceptionally good for any flaming dish --
cheries jubilee, coffee royal, chicken or duck flambe', etc. Needs no special recipe: just warm slightly, pour over the dish, then light. Burns easily. Keep spooning over the food until flames die. Also delightful in drinks-any drink where brandy is used.

Z

Just found a bottoe mostly full at an estate sale, with a huge 50s era bottle of Galliano.

Pages: 1 5 replies