Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Collecting tiki mugs

Pages: 1 7 replies

When you buy mugs to display, do you buy one or several of the same kind?
Is it me or does it seem that the jade color mugs always seems to sell out?

As a fellow Milwaukee resident, I think any tiki mug discovery is rare and amazing. I only own one green mug so far, but I bought that in Vegas.

Yeah, other then lets say Target or Spencer's.
Where can you go in Milwaukee to find stuff?

I wish I had better news for you. I believe Marshalls sells some, but I think it's the same stuff as Target. Sometimes Dollar Tree has some mugs, but they are more tropical themed than tiki. My wife found a very cool unmarked mug at a rumage a while ago, but it was clearly dropped and glued, so now it just holds incense.

Try and make it up to the Pa'ina next month. There will be lots of goodies to get there, and it's not that far of a drive. Look for the thread in the Tiki Events post.

If you (or anybody for that matter), finds other places to buy mugs in the SE Wisconsin area, please let me know.

H

Ebay anyone?

TT

Ebay!
Some times its nice not to pay for S/H.
Or have the problems dealing with the sellers.
Not to mention waiting to get it!

So troy what is up, you get my message?

Troy!

It took a while in my town but eventually the flea markets and thrift-stores started getting some authentic classics.

The first cool mugs I got were online -- not ebay, but S&H nontheless. That was somewhere around 60 mugs ago and they're still 2 of the cooler mugs in my collection.

Overall, I've found the prices (even with S&H) on ebay to be pretty reasonable considering the rarity and demand for some items.

Pages: 1 7 replies