Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Practice tonight

Pages: 1 1 replies

P

It was awesome.
We worked songs like Wahine Ilikea - Hawaiian Hula Eyes - 4 or 5 very fun originals (nui hapa haole) - and of course, some great native Hawaiian stuff.
Man, I wish I could get fluent in that tongue. I'm finishing up a song for Kimo's bar that needs some serious Hawaiian language ability.

Ended up tonight in a foam of 'test pilots' and then diving into the Lagoon... I love July.

Any Florida players here that could get together with us? I seem to remember a member called Hot Lava that plays in St. Pete.

We saw The Haole Cats in ATL at Trader VIcs last weekend and they were VERY polished and a lot of fun. They live around here too.

mp3s soon.

Pablus,

Your band sounds fun. Hawaiian music is an addictive product I tell you. If you had told me even just 5 years ago I'd be a steel player in a Hawaiian band I would've kicked you in the stones and tweeked your left ear lobe.

But now it's all I care to hear (well, OK, some bluegrass, and old country also).

If you want to learn the Hawaiian language, there is a great set of 8 CD's available on ebay under "Hawaiian CD".

PS the title of your tune "nui hapa haole" is witty, but in Hawaiian all adjectives go after the noun-like words (or Na Kikino in Hawaiian). Technically, it should be "haole hapa nui".

Pages: 1 1 replies