Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

international tiki day nor cal

Pages: 1 24 replies

OK - Mr. Pineapple (TikiBot) and I are debating whether we should throw our hula skirt into the ring and offer to host the NORCAL ITD celebration. We, very very, sadly can't make it to the Lagoon Room, (sob,sob) So, if you can't join em, serve some other people drinks, I always say!

By a show of hands, who in NOR CAL would come to El Cerrito and help disturb the neighbors?
would you bring food? rum? a ukelele?

We just wacked the neighbor eating weeds, and we have cool tiki torches, a new tiki bar (Thanks Ben!) and Otto said he'd show some slides or help do something to make it "official"
We'll unload our wedding tumblers, and spend the next day mopping sticky stuff off the floor!

show of hands?
xoxxo
mrs. pineapple, (offering without the final consent of tikibot!)

me! me! me!

cool! and you'll be bringing cheesy beer cheese?????? (we have a fondue pot!)
mrs. P

I wish I could, but I'm going to be flying to Kona that day.

I am down for any ITD "Eve" celebrations Friday night (trader vics?)

Sounds great !! Would this be a day-time thing or later?

I think we'll probably do evening, since we're both employed these days !! we'll need Saturday-day to prepare.

Tikibot suggested tent city on the deck, but I'm not so sure about THAT :) However, if you want to bring a sleeping bag, and crash on our floor, well, I can't promise BLUE pancakes, but, well maybe I could, if you brought blue food coloring? and you can crash on our floor.

So, so far, it's me and Cyndy, eating cheesy beer cheese, and Otto with some slides...?

On 2004-07-28 16:58, mrs. pineapple wrote:
and you'll be bringing cheesy beer cheese??????

I can do that! mmmmm......velveeta.

Okay all you NorCal Tiki HT's, time to get on the ITD bandwagon. We need a little more interest for me and the missus to get out of bed early on a Saturday and clean the house. Whaddaya say? Are we (all) doing this or not? Don't let those SC HT's have all the fun!
Who's gonna bring the Jimmy Buffet records???

ummmmm, please don't post on Friday the 13th (yikes) and ask us what time the festivities begin, cause if we don't hear from at least 5 more people, that you're interested, well, we aren't hosting : )

(Cindy can come over and eat liquid cheese and watch the bootleg DVD of the Tiki Oasis/CC carving/hawaiian food place in Culver City with us. We've been practicing our grog log skillz, and we found Pussers, for Painkillers!! )

Speak soon or risk spending International Tiki Day alone, at KFC, with a cup of fruit punch and a biscuit. I don't know where that image came from, but it's the most depressing thing I can think of...
xoxxo
The Pineapples, your proud sponsors of I.T.D-NorCal Style.

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:50 ]

Thanks for the info, Mrs P.
Unfortunately I will be working away at the Conga that night !! We'll be doing our part for ITD and serving discounted Mai Tais all night long!! Wouldn't it be cool to have a live feed between the Conga, your party and Poly Pop's ? We could all toast ITD at the same time or something.

Actually, I think if we don't hear from at least 5 more interested partiers, we're rescinding our offer. Not that we don't love Cindy and her beer cheese fondue (cause we DO!)

where are all the NorCal TC peeps? did you not have fun at our last party? what gives?

[ Edited by: mrs. pineapple on 2004-07-30 15:31 ]

K

I'd love to but won't know for sure until that week. But I'm with you, why does everything happen in So. Cal?

boy, there is a chance that i will be there that weekend delivering some so cal art for otto's show. if so, then i'd be in - but i won't know for another week...

[ Edited by: Futura Girl on 2004-08-01 16:47 ]

T

We wouldn't be opposed to a spontaneous gathering at Trader Vic's if that's our only option.

Now, how did I just make going to Vic's sound like we're slumming it?

hold the boat here! we heard of this miraculous offer of a NORcal int. tiki day last wednesday night at the tiki ti from futura girl & humu and absolutely could not wait to get back to our abode and hope there would be enough room for us too.

where did all the love go? is everyone in fact on vacation? lets make this happen!

UB

On 2004-08-03 12:52, tikicleen wrote:
where did all the love go?

A lot of love left in Unga, but not from his f#%*n job. No way in hell I can get this day off. I'm with ya in spirit though.

T

Due to overwhelming non-interest, ITD in NoCal is officially cancelled (sorry Cyn).

Some traditions just weren't meant to last. Someday all those SoCal HT's will realize they are just clinging to the last vestiges of a tired old lifeless tradition. Yes, I'm not happy about missing Al's party.

On 2004-08-03 16:07, Tiki-bot wrote:
ITD in NoCal is officially cancelled (sorry Cyn).

Dammirdammitdammit! You are welcome to stop by and eat glowing gooey cheese if you want.

On 2004-08-01 23:01, Tiki-bot wrote:
We wouldn't be opposed to a spontaneous gathering at Trader Vic's if that's our only option.

I would be up for spontaneously gathering at Vic's that Friday night; the eve of my much-needed vacation to Hawaii.
Gotta practice drinking mass quantities of mai tai and tiki puka puka.

Conga Lounge in Oakland will celebrating ITD by serving discounted Mai Tais all night long. Seeing as the Mai Tai was invented in Oakland and the Conga is Oaktown's only Tiki Bar, it's a perfect fit !!
Also, Live Hula and Dj Island Boy spinning Exotica from 9pm onward.
http://www.congalounge.com

[ Edited by: conga mike on 2004-08-07 12:19 ]

well as ?luck? will have it - i do not have to drive to s.f. this weekend... instead i have to work this weekend :(

so have a great ITD you guys and see some of ya next month. i'm coming up mid sept...

well, it seems ITD will pass us by. oh well, I'm on a diet and painkillers are loaded with sugar! No worries Futura, when you make it up to the bay area, let us know, we'll invite you, and Cindy over for a cocktail at the new bar :)
mrs. pineapple

M

On 2004-08-05 00:13, Conga Mike wrote:

Conga Lounge in Oakland will celebrating ITD by serving discounted Mai Tais all night long. Seeing as the Mai Tai was invented in Oakland and the Conga is Oaktown's only Tiki Bar, it's a perfect fit !!
Also, Live Hula and Dj Island Boy spinning Exotica from 9pm onward.
http://www.congalounge.com

I WILL be down south , but my vote to Northern Cal ITD goes to either Trader Vic's or the Conga Lounge--time for someone to make a decision and post a time--how about it you Noiti-Toiti's!!

Conga lounge, for sure !
Hula...exotica...discounted mai tais
mmm, Mai Tais...
We want to PARTY !!!!!!!!

Pages: 1 24 replies