Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Origin of the "Tiki" Surfboard

Pages: 1 6 replies

Here is an old price list from the Ventura Surf Shop ( originally "Ten Toes Surfboards"-P.O. Box 12, Ventura, CA-for a couple of their boards....

The "Tiki" board was their budget board....Ventura Surf Shop is on Thompson Blvd near C street now. Their competition, Waveline Surf Shop is down the street and has a few longboards with a Tiki design. I will see if I can get a shot of it next time I'm in there.

There's also a British company that makes boards and wetsuits called Tiki, http://www.tikisurf.co.uk they've been around afair while as far as I can remember.

I bought this at Oceanic Arts.
It caught their interest when I bought it, because it was their last one and no more to be found. It's now part of my "eclectic" tiki bar.

K

That's very cool. Too bad there are no more, I would love to have one! Excellent wall hanging material.

T

Hey Bongo, I'll post a picture of my ACTUAL Tiki surfboard made by Ventura Plastics. My friend's Grandfather had it in his rafters, and with a little haggling, it's in my office!

Hey bongo and Tony! I don't have any surfboard stuff to add but had to say "hi" to my Ventura County brothers! Started a new gig and have been busy but would love to get together with you guys again! I'm finally going to check out King Kukulele tomorrow night but we must get together again this summer, maybe even to check out and give my fledgling tiki bar some mana!

That's cool Unga Bunga! Tikitony.....I lost an auction on one last year. How about a picture of the Adrift surfboard too? Suburbanpagan, we would love to see your home bar!

Pages: 1 6 replies