Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

The sopranos: Very important question (warning: SPOILERS)

Pages: 1 24 replies

TM1

I was under the impression that Christopher's girlfriend already got whacked, yet the official site with the episode guides is still talking about her. What gives? Does anyone know the episode # that she was wacked in?

[Edited by hanford to add the Spoilers warning]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-07-31 17:42 ]

T

I was under the impression that she is Wacked. Sadly, she has taken a role on the new friends spin off "Joey". She plays his sister/roommate or something. I have no idea if there filming the new season yet but I hope it's soon because my Sunday nights just haven't been the same. Anyone watch "Deadwood." I kinda got hooked on that one too.

Yup, I'm looking forward to the new season too, which probably won't start until next spring.

I'm not into the cowboy/country thing at all, but I've heard good things about Deadwood.

I watched last night's episode and feel numb. I'm still shocked by it! I'm going to have to watch the replay of it again, it was so crazy! So many stories crammed into one hour, then the cliff hanger ending with no previews for next week... bastards!

I don't want to reveal too much for those who haven't seen it yet. Did anyone elese have the same reaction?

I'm excited about the new season, but was already speculating about how it might end.

Tony going to jail has been a theme for the past couple of seasons, with all the informants and all. Maybe he retires and goes into a witness relocation program. I don't think fans would care for either of those two options. They don't offer enough closure. Tony's death is the only way fans would be happy that the show is indeed over, since without him it can't go on.

After the first episode, I'm not sure which direction it will go in. I can't wait to find out! Also, Chris has been a bit of a freak this episode. I'm thinking something big is going to happen to him.

Tony can't die because there's talk of a possible movie some time down the line. And Adriana was seen only in a flashback. Oh, and the following program, Big Love, was excellent, too. Exposes the child molesting, slaving Mormons for what they really are (this topic gets me riled as I can't understand why they still get away with this in this country).
By the way, the head FBI guy, Cubitoso, aka Frank Pellegrino is a patient of mine (I'm a podiatrist) who owns one of the best, smallest Italian restaurants in NY City. And this AM, a drug rep came in and told me he went to school with the actress who played the wife of the guy who hung himself.

It's a Sopranos world, we just live in it.

Adriana appeared to Mrs. Soprano in a dream. Watch the scene again, if you taped it. Notice at the end of the scene that Adriana "fades out" in front of Mrs. Soprano's eyes. And then the very next shot is of Mrs. Soprano in bed, at night, eyes wide open and scared.

Excellent episode. Jaw-droppingly good.

Uncle Junior's nuttier than a squirrel! I saw that coming, but I didn't think it would escalate to the next level this quickly. I guess that's part of what keeps us Soprano fans coming back for more. I'm an aging, hyper-active Ritalin kid that needs a show that moves as fast as I do. I agree with stuff-o-rama. I'm gonna watch the rerun tonight as well (jus' to make sure I didn't miss nothin').

Just a clarification. My rant referred to a certain subset of Mormons, certainly not all! How did Mormons get into this forum anyway?

On 2006-03-13 17:14, aikiman44 wrote:
Just a clarification. My rant referred to a certain subset of Mormons, certainly not all! How did Mormons get into this forum anyway?

You passed out watchin' the Sopranos and came to during Big Love. Don't be ashamed, it happens to me all the time. I wuz gonna watch this show, but when I read about all the kids and delightfully wacky in-laws I got turned off. I like my polygamy shows a little more hard edged...maybe something directed by David Lynch, kind of a "Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice" with Willem Defoe playing the part of Bob and Sandra Bernhardt playing the part of Ted. Oh yeah, and the whole thing should take place in Los Angeles at the old Spann movie ranch. A subtle tip of the hat to another man that enjoyed the fruits of polygamy.

I'm with you, Shipwreck. Whacky characters for the sake of whacky characters makes for a hideously boring video slog, imho. Like The Royal Tenebaums or The Life Aquatic for example. And so when Napolean Dynamite came along and had that "whacky characters" mark upon its advertisements, I had to be dragged kicking and screaming by Mrs. Satan's Sin to a chair in front of the TV to watch the DVD, and was immediately and thoroughly charmed. I don't know why that worked so well when, again, I don't go for goofball characters whose principal characteristic is their goofiness. But this new Bill Paxton polygamy show, whew boy, attempting to watch this was a true job of work.

On 2004-07-29 22:14, tikilee wrote:
Anyone watch "Deadwood." I kinda got hooked on that one too.

Yeah, I tune in whenever I get the chance. I like it, but for some reason I feel like I need to take a shower when it's over.

K

I got hooked on Deadwood too. I picked up some really good cusswords from it.

I stopped subscribing to HBO after "Six Feet Under" ended, but for some reason I'm still getting all of their on-demand content for free! I will enjoy the new "Sopranos" season while I still can...

So, last nights episode didn't really do a lot for me. Anyone else feel this way? The end came too soon for me.

That was a boring episode for me. I rushed home to see it and was bummed on how bad it was.

Next weeks previews with all the guys fighting and making power moves looks great, but they often edit the previews to be far better than the episode.

Mrs. Satan's Sin disliked last night's episode because of the "dream sequence." But I didn't think it was a dream sequence at all. I think Tony's in limbo, and if he's revived he'll leave limbo and return to real life, and if he croaks he's going to ... well, remember all the shots of burning bushes and things on fire in the background TV sets?

Mrs. Satan Sin said something during the show that made my blood run cold. "Wouldn't it be horrible if you were comatose for years but dreaming all the time?" I still feels convulsions of horror chewing over that.

I've known a lot of salesmen, been to a lot of conventions, stayed in a lot of middlebrow hotels. So it was very amusing to see this as an anteroom to Hell. Banter with the other salesmen about sales awards received. Cheap suits. Make-out session with a 50-year-old coquette. Hell indeed. Hell indeed.

Introducing the newest cast member for next weeks episode, Tonys long lost cousin
Frank"the war god" Soprano

I agree with your theory Satan's Sin...

I also liked that AJ got a bit more screen time. He flunks out of school, plots revenge on Uncle Junior. Looks like he might join the family business. Plus I found it funny when Paulie called him "Van Helsing" and Rosalie Aprile called him "Fabio" because of his long hair/goth look.

Plus, Anthony could be the next Tony Soprano. He already has the name.

I like the way you think Tikiwahine. Anthony would have to do something really heroic though like save Tony's life, vanquish a powerful enemy and return to the family unscathed with vigor and swagger like a young Michael Corleone upon his return from Palermo..."Today I settled all family business, so don't tell me you're innocent, uncle Junior".

On the other side of the coin, Anthony could wind up getting whacked. Think about it. This show isn't "logical" at all, and I mean that in the best sense of the word.

TM

I started this thread last year, using my old name "Tiki Mick".

Be that as it may, I just purchased the last season (final episodes) of the sopranos, and it was probably the most fun I have had in a while. I did a marathon DVD watching session until my back was killing me from not moving in 6 hours.

I did not mind the ending one bit!! Made perfect sense to me.

Spoiler alert:

I was really sad though, to see Bobby Bacala die in the train store, and to see Silvio get it too. Bobby was one of my favorite characters, for the reason that he was the only good person in the whole series.

The peyote scene was my least favorite, as I have known a few guys like these guys, ( I mean New York/east coast type guys, not criminals)and most of them do not do those kinds of drugs, so for me it did not ring true. Cocktails and cigars are what they have tradionally always liked.

Other then that, what a great show! I was determined not to watch them on TV when they aired, as I hate interuptions when I watch, and don't have direct TV. I wanted to savor them on DVD. It was worth the wait.

Pages: 1 24 replies