Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Seatle: Vintage L-Shaped Bar + 6 stools =$400

Pages: 1 17 replies

D

on Craigslist: the owner promised & sent pics. i told her i'd show TC people first..since i already have my bar. her email is [email protected].

also for sale, couch and chairs

[ Edited by: dogbytes on 2004-07-29 16:27 ]

COOL!
Thanks for posting that!

K
Kono posted on Thu, Jul 29, 2004 5:53 PM

That's very nice. Is that in California, Washington or...???

T

SWEET Bar, that is the foundation on which one hell of a good tiki lounge could arise!

D

On 2004-07-29 17:53, Kono wrote:
That's very nice. Is that in California, Washington or...???

Seattle (i misspelled my new hometown) Washington

the owner is de-tikifying the room, because (and i quote) "thats what happens when you have kids"

man, wouldnt it be cool to have to go to your room if it were a tiki bar?

elicia

K
Kono posted on Thu, Jul 29, 2004 7:11 PM

Anyone that needs a bar and that lives in the area would be crazy not to grab that for $400. A little work and that bar will be outstanding.

It sounds like something I'd be really intersted in, but the pics aren't appearing. Is it too late? I've never used craigslist. I guess I'll google around.

Dang. It was easy enough to find craigslist, but searches for "tiki bar" and "tiki" didn't turn up anything.

Speaking of cool finds on Craigslist...Here's a cool tiki table up for grabs in the San Fran bay area. I really wanted it and was ready to buy it this aft but at lunchtime my dog jumped thru a plate glass window while chasing after a fly...(yep, he, sPoT!, is OK but had to have some expensive stitches and staples today...not to mention the cost of replacing the window...so therefore, this cool tiki table is somewhat cost-prohibitive to me now. DAMN! Heck it's only 100.00! I really really hope sPoT! killed that fly. Hopefully one of you will like the table as much as I and can get it and enjoy it...and I will enjoy it vicariously thru you! Here's the link
http://www.craigslist.org/sby/fur/36967917.html
If the link no worky go to craigslist.com, San Francisco, and type 'polynesian' as a search term. Good luck all. AND if anyone knows anything about this table...who made it, where its from, what its worth...etc, (with my luck, it's worth a miiiiiiiiillion dollars$$$$...) please post and let me know what I'm missing. Many cheers to you all, K

[ Edited by: Kalikiana on 2004-07-29 21:47 ]

[ Edited by: Kalikiana on 2004-07-29 21:48 ]

Hi,

The Craig's List posting for the Bar was made be my wife and I. We really appreciate the interest this forum is generating. So I thought I would pop and leave our links, and yes the bar is still available. We are also selling the Bamboo Sofa and Chairs.

Bar Link
http://seattle.craigslist.org/fur/37835833.html

Sofa Link
http://seattle.craigslist.org/fur/37833871.html

That's a steal at $400. C'mon, somebody buy it.

printed pix for monkeyskull ~ showed him at The Islands.. i think the owner pulled the ad, so that i'd have first chance at it. (sending you the pix via email!)

have emailed the owner, and said you'd email, monkeyskull!

argh, she raised the price a bit.. to 500
craigslist bar

[ Edited by: dogbytes on 2004-07-30 00:58 ]

A

Clearly, that bar was made by the same people who made my bar. Mine is a different shape, but, it came with the same cabinetry, same stools, same wood for the top (I stained mine), Same foot rail and trim and same rattan construction. It would rule if I put these two together and made a flip up entrance between them. does anyone know where it came from?

Mahalo,
Al

On 2004-07-29 18:35, dogbytes wrote:
the owner is de-tikifying the room, because (and i quote) "thats what happens when you have kids"

WHAT?!? Kids and tiki can peacefully coexist!

I dropped by the seller's house to check out the bar. The pictures don't reveal how badly in need of refinishing it is, but it's still a really swell piece. The only problem is that I think it's to big for me to get where I need it. I took a bunch of measurements and tomorrow I'll try and figure out if there's any way I can squeeze it into my basement. (The owner says it took 5 guys to get it into his place, and he doesn't have the narrow basement entryway that I have leading into my door.)

The owners have other tiki stuff they are selling too -- serving trays, an elaborate serving dish, a large wooden tiki mask, etc. I didn't follow up much on the details, as the bar was my main interest and it would have pretty much maxed out my tiki budget for a while.

As I was late, I didn't have time to follow through on my promise to dogbytes to take pix of the other stuff. But the owners are nice folks and would probably happily answer questions.

Cheers,
monkeyskull

D

hey Monkeyskull ~ any chance that'll fit in your house? if you need help, let us know ~ i've got a jeep cherokee (dont think it'll fit, but i could help move chairs and such)..

that is such a beautiful bar..

I just mailed the seller saying there's just no way it's going to fit into my basement. Dang. It would have been perfect.

I hope someone else on the list will pick it up, refinish it, and have a tiki party and invite me.

One last thought though -- can anyone comment on a finish that might make it stand up to being kept outside in Seattle weather?

D

damn.

do you think this would be a good thing to send to the PNW tiki folks? in case they dont read tikicentral as often as we do?

Pages: 1 17 replies