Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

tiki help needed..

Pages: 1 4 replies

Hey everyone I have been working on turning this cheap bar I bought into a tiki style bar and I think its coming along real good. I carved this tiki mask out of foam and I want to attatch it to the front of the bar. The problem is the front of the bar is a thin mesh like material that dosent have any support behind it. Does anyone have any tips on how I should go about attatching it to the bar. I was thinking of just using a real strong glue but if anyone has some other ideas i'd love to hear them. thanx alot

Go behind the bar and try drilling a small (like 5/16s) hole through the bar. Then put a long screw through the hole. Then put a nut over the screw and tighten it down flush against the bar's exterior. The screw should just be sticking out. If your mask's just foam, simply jam the back of the mask onto the screw.

Pictures might help. You may consider screwing a piece of lath to the mask from behind the thin mesh using some long drywall screws... that's my guess. Good luck, and may the tiki gods be with you.

If the mask is foam I can't see why it can't be glued on. Just make sure the glue is compatible with the foam.

B

You could also use Velcro. You can buy it in long strips and it holds really well and won't damage the bar.

Pages: 1 4 replies