Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Tiki Torch Nights - Atlanta 8/21

Pages: 1 18 replies

Come and support this monthly gathering of Tikiphiles here in the South at Trader Vic's Atlanta presented by Tiki Kiliki Productions!! This is the 5th "Tiki Torch Nights" that I am hosting on Saturday August 21st - the link to the event is below and here's what you can expect!:

*The one and only Duke Carter will sail in from the island of Chicago to sign copies of "Tiki Quest - Collecting the Exotic Past" I'd like to encourage you to bring your rare items for a discussion with Duke!
*Atlanta's own Tongo-hiti will dock at around 8:00pm to perform with a surprise guest or two! What other Exotica band do you know that plays an incredible version of Dancing Queen?
*Basement Kahuna will bring some of his amazing carvings and vintage Hawaiiana for all of the natives.
*And of course the luscious, lovely sounds of DJ Swanky - playing those old scratchy records we all know and love - Swanky will even have CD's for sale this time around!

Mark your calendars for upcoming Torch Nights:
September 18th: Pre Hukilau Bash with I Belli Di Waikiki, Tongo-hiti and other coconuts
October 23rd: Haunted Tiki Party with a great costume contest and great prizes from Trader Vic's!

Go to the webpage for more details and click on the link for Tiki
Torch Nights: http://www.tikikiliki.com

If you need any additional information feel free to email me directly!

Tiki Torch Nights is sponsored by Trader Vic's Atlanta!

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2004-08-04 15:54 ]

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2004-08-09 16:01 ]

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2004-08-13 05:20 ]

Just announced! The amazing and exotic Toniette will be joining us on Tiki Torch Nights in August for some traditional hula and another Temptation Potion Giveaway for the lucky winner of the $2 a ticket raffle!

S

I think it was a typo. August 21st is the date.

T

If work doesn't get in the way, The wahine and I will try to make it.

Great! Can't wait to meet you guys!

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:54 ]

Ok-now it is time for another California member to go to "Hot-lanta" to check out Tiki Torch Nights. I got a good deal on a flight and am going to be able to go!!!
Now I finally get to meet the ape girl of my dreams, MONKEYZUMA!!!! Can't wait to share a slow dance with that sexy beast! :)

M

On 2004-08-19 16:48, TNTiki wrote:
mrsmiley,

We will be there. Glad you can make it. Are you going to stay at the Hilton? Depending on your flight arrangements, maybe we could get breakfast Sunday morning.

Thanks for the offer. i will be staying with a really close friend of mine who is in the process of moving. Because she has two places to live right now, I won't have to worry about crowding her, her kitten or the SPIDERS !! (inside joke). Not sure what we are doing Sunday AM--hmm...

Senor Smiley!
Zuma is saving her stinkiest finger for yer olfactoral pleasure. Also, you'll be happy for to know I've been recently innoculated and deloused!
Monkey num-nums~
Zuma

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:56 ]

S

It was another great time. Glad BK's carving is here in Knoxville where I can visit it regularly! I want a few for myself...

It was great to see a bunch of the ohana. Mr. Smiley and Duke of course, the crew from Metarie, LA! It's so nice to get to talk shop with everyone. I made a great find at the antique store on the way home which makes it extra yummy. The new hula dancer with Dames Aflame was JUST KILLER! I gotta have her for my next big party here if possible.

Guys, be at Torch Nights next month. With "I Belli di Waikiki" in da lanai, it's gonna be da best! I am urging everyone to make it their Hukilau kick off and for those who can't make Hukilau, you have to try to make this!

B

What a trip and what a place! Trader Vic's Atlanta really is a stand-out among the all the fine Traders' outposts. 100% original and lovingly cared for, it's a majestic port for anyone who really appreciates an old school Tiki temple.

It was great to see folks I'd met before and make more new friends. I really miss the Southern hospitality– it's been a while since I've spent time in the heat and kudzu. Thanks to Kiliki for the invite and for putting together such a vibrant event, the Atlanta crowd has really found the place to get their Tiki fix every month. David P. was very generous as well, thanks! It's so nice to see people with a passion for Tiki making sure great things happen– keep preachin' the good word. I was very impressed with Swanky's tune spinnin' and Tongo Hiti's crowd dazzling. The Dames a-Flame were certainly easy on the eyes as well– especially the hula dancer!

I had fun hanging out with Basement Kahuna, seeing his carvings in person, and discovering that we had a lot of mutual friends from back in my Georgia days. It was a treat to meet TNTiki and be there as the lucky stiff loaded up that great big BK carving.

I even came home with a cool Moai that Mrsmiley was kind enough to let me get– even after he was the first to spot it, thanks. Thanks also to the folks who came out to say hi and to talk Tiki, it was really great to share some stories and laughs with everyone.

Here are some shots of Trader Vic's Atlanta:
http://share.shutterfly.com/action/share/view?i=EeCNnDRq1btWHk&open=1&sm=1&sl=1
The lights are appropriately low, so many of them are a little fuzzy. All I can say is you'll just have to get there and see it for yourself!

Aloha!
-Duke

Wow, what a weekend and what a Tiki Torch Nights!

It was wonderful to meet everyone, Duke - quite the pleasure getting to know you and shopping with you!, TNTiki (Jeff) it was wonderful to have you guys at Trader Vic's and I promise to get you a larger T-shirt!, the gals from New Orleans - it was great to see you both and thanks for coming such a long way. And mrsmiley thanks for ALL the goodies and sharing the Moai find with me.

So many visitors this time around! We had an amazing event and thanks to everyone it will continue.

Don't miss next month - the pre-Hukilau Bash! We've got lots of great things going on plus everyone's favorite monkey will be back for more!

M

On 2004-08-20 20:56, MonkeyZuma wrote:
Senor Smiley!
Zuma is saving her stinkiest finger for yer olfactoral pleasure. Also, you'll be happy for to know I've been recently innoculated and deloused!
Monkey num-nums~
Zuma (quote)

M-Z; it was a ..um..pleasure to meet you and your stinky finger!!
BTW, your forcing that banana into my mouth
makes us engaged or something!

SmileyMan~
Shared 'nanner consumption (on some islands) does indeed suffice as consumation. And smileyman/monkeygirl action (on some islands) is not necessarily illegal. I hope you have insurance...
Saving all my stink for you~
ZumZum

Hey, man...been on shift for weeks and just sat down to TC and saw this...thanks to all...what a fun night. Duke, it was a pleasure, Smiley, Ditto as usual. Christy, yore a dawl, Tim yore a braddah. Dames Aflame you're the candy. TNTiki, I couldn't imagine a better guy to own the pole and I'll keep you posted on future goods. Mary, a pleasure as always. Omar, Mike, and everybody else, I wanna hang out more. The greatest Ohana ever these fellow tikiphiles. I miss doing antiques and tiki full time. Back to it soon, hopefully.

H

I'm so glad you Smoky Mountain folks finally got a chance to meet TNTiki! He & his wahine are so incredibly nice. I hope business will take me to Knoxville sooner rather than later.

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:56 ]

M

Pages: 1 18 replies