Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

need tiki party help please

Pages: 1 4 replies

M

HI ALL. I AM NEW TO THE TIKI SCENE. I WILL BE THROWING A TIKI PARTY IN ABOUT 1 MONTH AND NEED SOME HELP WITH SOME DISHES AND DRINKS FOR THE GANG. WE WILL BE HAVING ABOUT 15 PEOPLE. I AM LOOKING FOR ABOUT 4 DISHES TO COOK AND 3/4 DIFFERNET DRINKS. I AM A VERY DECENT COOK!! YOUR HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED. THANKS!!!!!

[Edited by hanford to remove the Recipe tag]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-08-02 22:42 ]

Welcome to T.C.
See if you can get your hands onto "shag Party" by adaM Rocke and "Tropical Rum Drinks & Cuisine" by Don the Beachcomber. That should be a good start.
Aloha!

D

Welcome,matt29b!For some goodies to try,just go down the TikiFood and Drink threads,find the PuPu Platter topic,and take a look-lots of yummy stuff!

At the risk of sounding redundant to other posts, do pick up Beach Bum Berry's "Grog Log" and "Intoxica" books. Jeff Berry, the author, took the time to research authentic recipes before they disappeared into obscurity. Many other TCers feel its the drink bible to the tiki world. And he takes the time to explain the different types of rum and drink ingrediants. I find it to be big help since I have no background in mixing drinks.
Lastly, please tone down on the all caps. It reads like yelling.

Once again, welcome to TC and enjoy. Best of luck with your shindig and many mai tais. :drink:

[ Edited by: I dream of tiki on 2004-07-31 08:54 ]

T

Fruit kabobs have always been a hit at my parties. And fruit salad in a hollowed out water melon have been pretty popular too. If you really want to make it a party, pour a variety of fruity liquors and a little rum into the watermelon. Tasty stuff.

Pages: 1 4 replies