Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Looking for Tiki in Long Beach

Pages: 1 5 replies

Good Evening all, please forgive me if this question is redundant. I'll be in SoCal mid september for work and would like to eat at a real cool tiki theme bar/restraunt. Will be in the Long Beach area, so within walking distance/short cab ride would be best. Any recomendations woudld be most welcome. Thanks in advance, TikiPete

After many moons living and working in Long Beach (and I may stand corrected), there aint no Tiki. Of coarse there's tons of tiki in the L.A. area, all within 15-45 minutes from Long Beach (too many to list-see Tiki Road Trip). Long Beach does have some cool spots - Joe Jost's, $1 Tecate's at Iguana Kelly's on Wednesdays (I'll be there!), Alex's (if you're a punk rock type), Rustler's (dive bar with the best Burgers in the world), etc, etc. Have fun and cheers!

hey there TikiPete..welcome to TC..

another resource is http://www.critiki.com an excellent and user-friendly electronic way to find tiki establishments! and will link you back to discussion threads here at Tiki Central!

too bad you wont have a car, thats really the only way to get around SoCal!

elicia

Hey Tikipete,

Check out the Starlite Room on 4th St. It's
not a restaurant, but a cool vintage store that always has tiki items as well as other fun stuff. If you want a life changing experience, visit EJ Malloy's on Broadway and Redondo and order the wings mild, well done with extra ranch. You may choose to live in Long Beach after this. South on PCH about 20 minutes is Sam's Seafood (huge neon swordfish) which is one of the top tiki destinations in SoCal. It's worth the trip.

Speaking of the Starlite Room, I saw this posted on Locating Tiki:

You're invited to join us and REDRUM for the premiere of our new venture, "KUSTOMIZED KITSCH", painted on vintage pop icons. We're kicking this off with a group art show and party featuring select artists who dare stray from the canvas and on to actual vintage objects.

Dave Burke Dan CollinsKirsten Easthope
E-DogExtremo The ClownAlan Forbes
Paul FrankMakotoLiz Mcgrath
Dennis McPhailMr.GMitch O'Connell
Lisa PetrucciThe PizzSara Ray
ShagVon FrancoKeith Weesner
Marc Willey

Sunday, August 22, 2004
2-7 pm
at
Starlite Room
2220 E 4th St.
Long Beach, CA 90814
(562)434-3726
http://www.starliteroom.com

M

Hey TikiPete...
He's the king of the Tiki Beat...
When he moves he goes Chick Chikie Boom... Chick Chickie Boom... Chick Chickie Boom!!!

Sorry, couldn't resist!

Give me a hollar when your in town.
:tiki:
[email protected]

Pages: 1 5 replies