Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Drinks and Food

Trader Vic's

Pages: 1 9 replies

SA

I am going to be stocking up on Trader Vic's stuff and I have made a list of stuff,
Praline Sauce
Mai Tai Mix
Navy Grog Mix +The name sounds so cool
Rock Candy Syrup
Passion Fruit Syrup
Is that all of the Essentials?
Also There is a Trader Vic's Restaurant in London, but I have never been befor, and I am going tonight and I dont know if the sell stuff there. Because it would safe me a lot of money I fI could buy all of the things on my list form there?

Space Age, where have you been hiding! We had a little TC get together at Trader Vics the other week, shame you couldn't have come.
Where in London are you?
I know they have some mix there in the display shelves.

K
Kono posted on Sat, Jul 31, 2004 5:17 AM

On 2004-07-31 01:30, Space Age wrote:
I am going to be stocking up on Trader Vic's stuff and I have made a list of stuff,
Praline Sauce
Mai Tai Mix
Navy Grog Mix +The name sounds so cool
Rock Candy Syrup
Passion Fruit Syrup
Is that all of the Essentials?

THE most essential Trader Vic product IMO is the Orgeat Syrup. You have to get some.

S

Also, the Navy Grog mix has a very cryptic recipe on it that is incorrect. Well, it leaves out a dash of simple syrup and grapefruit juice and a mint sprig. Do that and it will be correct.

On 2004-07-31 02:02, cheekytiki wrote:
Space Age, where have you been hiding! We had a little TC get together at Trader Vics the other week, shame you couldn't have come.
Where in London are you?
I know they have some mix there in the display shelves.

I am so upset, would have loved to go :( I am going tonight. I Curnetly Live in Sloane Square But we plan to be moveing over to some where tropical, so we are closer to the Tiki Cult. I will be going tonight to Trader Vic's I have booked a table as I heard it is almost allways packed. By the way do they sell all of the stuff + what you suggested, At trader Vic's? Because It pricey to order online!

Befor you start to think I am a Sloane Ranger, The house was inherted from my Grand Dad. The tax is far to pricy! Thats why I am moveing to a tropical Island, sigh...

KK

If you're paying postage on that stuff, the weight's gonna' add up REAL fast= REAL money! Save some dough and SKIP the rock candy syrup- as any veteran here can tell you, home made is the same and the recipe is so "simple" (boil some water, add some sugar @ exactly 50/50 ratio, stir 'til dissolved add a drop or two of vanilla if you wish and bottle/chill/use). And yeah, the ORGEAT's good but I prefer Torani's (double up on Navy Grog instead & refer to Swanky's note above) . Charge!

KK

...err..."SLOANE RANGER?"...is that UK slang for a (edited before even being typed by kavaking)? Not that there's anything wrong with that...

SA

A "SLOANE RANGER?" is someone who more than likely lives on Sloane Square and shops at Harrods and other Expensive shops. Here is a example of a Sloane Ranger, Princess Diana Once lived on Sloane Square thats how stuck up the people that live there.

SA

By the way! I went last night! it was relly good. I so wanted to take some of the decor home with me! I was temted not to slip a few mugs into my bag as I need more for my tiki bar! It had a nice feal to the place its a shame none of my friends who went with me were not into tiki, cheekytiki I wish you came :(

Pages: 1 9 replies