Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Trader Dick's Rum Barrel Question

Pages: 1 5 replies

B

Anyone have any info on when these were in use at Trader Dicks? I recognised the other style, the drunken sailor, in Tiki Quest, but this was a new one to me. Using the search I came up with an old post from BigBro commenting that he had never seen one, in reference to the pic posted by midnite in the gallery section(shown below)

[ Edited by: badmojo on 2004-07-31 21:53 ]

A

There are four mugs in this series. I saw an Ebay auction that credited these mugs as a giveaway for an Australian brand of rum. I lived in the Reno Area for six years and frequented many thrift stores and drank at Trader Dick's often, I do not believe that these mugs were ever used at Trader Dick's in Reno.
Mahalo,
Al

T
Tattoo posted on Mon, Sep 8, 2008 8:28 AM

Not too long ago I got this one from the Trader Dick's Rum Barrel series.

So there's the Wahine, The Sailor, and The Monk. Alnshely says there's four in the series. Does anyone know what the fourth one is? For that matter, does anyone have more information on when and how these were distributed?

T

From the collection of tin_omen. It looks like these were promotional items for Trader Dick's rum which was produced in Australia.

T
Tattoo posted on Mon, Sep 8, 2008 7:33 PM

Thanks for the info Kate! Might as well put together a family portrait thanks to Ooga Mooga.

The Sailor from the collection of Feelin' Zombified, the Wahine from the collection of tikicleen, the Native from the collection of tin_omen, and the Monk.

The plane! The plane!

[ Edited by: Tattoo 2008-09-08 19:34 ]

[ Edited by: Tattoo 2008-09-08 19:34 ]

H

I love that one with the monk. My grandma had a collection of those ceramic monks you see all over at antique malls (anyone know what the story is with those things?).

Pages: 1 5 replies