Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

The Most Glorious Ice Bucket on Mars!

Pages: 1 22 replies

My fine teenage son recently purchased some items at an estate auction ... and to show that proper tiki training in the young can bear glorious fruit, gave unto me this most fabulous of ice buckets! Behold:

My name is Ice Bucket-mandias!
Look on my glory, ye collectors --
And despair!

In Xanadu did Kubla Kahn a stately ice bucket decree ...

My son also gave me this little whisky decanter. It's in the shape of a horse's head and not very tiki ... but the bottom is a MUSIC BOX ... a music box that clicks on when you lift the decanter up ... and plays "HOW DRY I AM!"

And that puts the needle WAY back into the "tiki zone!"

[ Edited by: Satan's Sin on 2004-08-01 11:09 ]

D

no.
that is The Most Glorious Ice Bucket in the Universe.
not that i've seen all ice buckets. but that one is ultra swank.
you raised that kid right!

now, lets talk about a giftie for auntie elicia... :wink:

Thanks, dogbytes ... I feel the same way about my son as you do about the ice bucket ... snif, snif ... now as for your gift -- my son's packing his bag and is coming up there to spend the rest of the summer with you! Isn't that great?

F
foamy posted on Mon, Aug 2, 2004 8:51 AM

Quite possibly the tackiest ice bucket I've ever seen. It's great! Your son is pretty sharp. Now, where is the photo of SS examining his new deep sea diving helmet with it's "trick" features?

Satan's Sin impatiently awaits his "special" diving helmet.

I'm a bit surprised our l'il steampunk member, EnchantedTikiGoth, hasn't been begging you to sell it to him. That is SO Jules Verne!

And here I thought that my bowling ball ice bucket was ultra swank!! MAN, satan's sin, that is Le BEST!

Greenly envious,
F

That Diving helmet ice bucket is AMAZING!!!! I want one!

Thank you, thank you ... I wish it were 3004 and I could press a button on my Duplicator Device and send one of these to each and every one in TC.

The bottom of the ice bucket reads:

"Pewtertone
Olde Tankardware
Copyright 1970
Seymour Mann Imports
made in hong kong"

Z

That ice bucket is proof of your superior work as a father!

P
pharos posted on Tue, Aug 3, 2004 8:38 PM

My family had one of those diver helmet ice coolers when I was groing up. Too bad I never saved it.

N
Tiki Central - Exception

Oh no.

An error occurred. Site administrators have been notified of the error.