Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Can someone identify this style for me?

Pages: 1 7 replies

Can anyone tell me any info on this style of Tiki, I found it at a market in Sydney. It's just it appears to be Female and I originally thought Hawaiian but I'm not sure.

[ Edited by: cheekytiki on 2004-08-02 05:43 ]

J

Hmm...that's an odd one! Kinda reminds me of an Indian wearing a head dress - I really wouldn't have any concrete idea of its origin but my guess would be Hawaiian - it looks like one of the mass produced carvings sold to tourists...

American Indian maybe.

O
Octane posted on Tue, Aug 3, 2004 6:43 PM

this could be an Hawiian style tiki but carved some where like the Philipeans, at least that is my guess.

H

Looks to me like someone who does those machine-carved jobbies had too many requests for "girl" tikis, so they designed one with boobs.

K
Kono posted on Tue, Aug 3, 2004 7:37 PM

On 2004-08-03 18:43, Octane wrote:
this could be an Hawiian style tiki but carved some where like the Philipeans, at least that is my guess.

My guess as well. Could even be carved in Hawaii but by a non-traditional for the tourist market type carver.

UB

On 2004-08-02 02:48, cheekytiki wrote:
Can anyone tell me any info on this style of Tiki, It appears to be Female and I originally thought Hawaiian but I'm not sure.

Ya, I'de say it's female.

T

I'm in on the vote that it's Hawaiian in general style, but done really badly, and not on any Polynesian island.

Phillipines?

Sure. Could be. As good a guess as any.

Pages: 1 7 replies