Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Bamboo Aquarium

Pages: 1 22 replies

Finally after a year of sitting in the corner empty I have hooked up my aquarium.

Does that make it sound like I was sitting in the corner empty?

Anyhow.

This was one of my best scores last year and I'm happy to finally have it up and running. There is 14 fish in it. 3 Platys, 3 Neons. 3 Mollies, 3 tiger somethings, 1 bottom feeder and 1 algae eater.

Enjoy

VERY nice! Has to be the tikiest fish tank I've seen outside of a tiki restaurant/bar. Nice going!

F
foamy posted on Mon, Aug 2, 2004 9:36 AM

Cool tank! I'd worry about the conch shell though... it will leech salt water type chemicals into the water. The hard water fish won't mind so much, but the soft water fish (tetras) and any live plants you may have won't like it.

[ Edited by: foamy on 2004-08-02 09:38 ]

What a great piece! And that tiki head inside of it is perfect. I've never seen anything like it, very cool.

On 2004-08-02 09:10, FLOUNDERart wrote:
3 tiger somethings

I hope those are tiger barbs and not tiger oscars!

Oh thanks, Flounder, I'd almost forgotten about the pea-green envy this purchase inspired...glad you reminded me. :wink:

And note the smug look on that moai.

[ Edited by: purple jade on 2004-08-03 16:53 ]

saw a tank similar a year and a half ago, and still regret not purchasing it, ........damn, now i think about how awsome that would have looked in my lounge.........shit, ah well wont pass that up if i ever see one again!

M

On 2004-08-02 11:47, mrsmiley wrote:
What , no PUFFER FISH!?!!??!

That's a freshwater tank, and puffers are saltwater fish.

M

On 2004-08-02 11:55, cynfulcynner wrote:

On 2004-08-02 11:47, mrsmiley wrote:
What , no PUFFER FISH!?!!??!

That's a freshwater tank, and puffers are saltwater fish.

heck-any fish of mine is damn well gonna drink what I give it! :)

D

Flounder-that tank is neato frito!!! Could you show a pic of it with your other tiki stuff? It's a real showpiece-nice find!

On 2004-08-02 09:36, foamy wrote:
Cool tank! I'd worry about the conch shell though... it will leech salt water type chemicals into the water. The hard water fish won't mind so much, but the soft water fish (tetras) and any live plants you may have won't like it.

[ Edited by: foamy on 2004-08-02 09:38 ]

The conch has not been in salt water for over five years and it has been sitting outside the whole time in the sun and rain. Not sure if this makes a difference or not.
It has now been in the tank with the fish for about two months and hasn't seemed to bother them yet.

Purple Jade, sorry but yee-haw.

I believe fresh water puffer fish are considered to be aggresive.

Docwoods, my bar is not complete on the count that I plan to sell this house and move but I will post some pics of what I have as of now.

Yes they are, but the two I saw at WalMart the other day were getting nibbled to death by everything else in the tank. It was sad.

[ Edited by: purple jade on 2004-08-03 16:52 ]

Wow, I've never seen such happy, laid-back fish. Must be nice.

UB

Killer tank Flounder.
But you better be careful because that is a "distilled water only" tiki

On 2004-08-02 15:47, Unga Bunga wrote:
Killer tank Flounder.
But you better be careful because that is a "distilled water only" tiki

???

On 2004-08-02 13:27, docwoods wrote:
Flounder-that tank is neato frito!!! Could you show a pic of it with your other tiki stuff? It's a real showpiece-nice find!

Here's some pics of my tiki room, no where near being finished.

"The Bamboozled Room"

[ Edited by: FLOUNDERart on 2004-08-02 17:24 ]

M

I like the "Zodiac Sex Position" glasses you have--what Sign are you?? Tee hee
I'm a Cancer--I'll have to look at my set

Have a nice Tiki Day!

[ Edited by: mrsmiley on 2004-08-02 18:28 ]

K
Kono posted on Mon, Aug 2, 2004 7:46 PM

Looks great!

I recommend those freshwater pufferfish. I have had several of them back when I had fish tanks. Those little buggers are like oscars in that when they see you walk by the tank they'll rush up front and look at you to see if you have food. They're not aggressive so much, they just have big appetites and like to nip fins if you don't keep them well fed.

Man, this makes me want to get another tank.

B

Nice. The tank really suits the room well. I see space for a few More Tiki Mug Shelves, what are you waiting on. More mugs is what you need, More mugs I say.

T

Great stuff Flounder, love the tank and the pics of your room, very comfy.

Pages: 1 22 replies