Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Premium Napa Valley Wines for Trade

Pages: 1 17 replies

Aloha, Gang!

I've just come back from taking inventory in my wine locker and I'm completely packed, overflowing even, with vino! The new vintages have been released and I must make room for them. So... If you're a connoisseur or have any interest in having some super-premium wines from one of the most highly regarded wine-producing regions of the world, let me know and let's work a trade. I have several varieties and vintage dates available. All have been stored in ideal conditions: bottles upside down in a dark, humidity controlled locker at 55 degrees F. Since these aren't current releases, they've had time to age and mature and are drinking well(sublime is a better word!). These are all premium "boutique" wines, no bargain bin bottles! Of course you must be 21 or over to take advantage of this.

I'm looking for original art, classic art, lamps, misc. decor, mugs, tikis, Hawaiiana, record albums, rare videos, books, really anything to add to the tiki room. Let me know what you have and let's talk. If you're interested, please e-mail me at [email protected] for more info. Mahalo and cheers!

-Weird Uncle Tiki

[ Edited by: weirduncletiki on 2004-08-03 14:19 ]

L
laney posted on Tue, Aug 3, 2004 1:43 PM

sent you a message

When he says premium wines, he's not kidding. Even for a non-expert like me it was obvious from first taste these are special.

Ran

Unc,

Sorry I don't have anything to trade as your wines that have imbibed have been nothing short of "spactikiular" (I came up with that on my very own-and I ain't even drinking yet).

Come on people, give the brother a hand-you won't be disappointed!

Unc, what would a firm handshake get me?

AC

I try not to drink Napa. I lived in Sonoma Co. for a while; it's not allowed. It's like being in a gang, but less violent.

Have any good Sonoma? (wait, that's redundant...)

A

If you have a want list for albums, send it along my way. I would happily trade records for good wine. Georgia legislators don't like it but f$*# 'em!

If anyone wants to make some trades at the International Tiki Day Luau at The Lagoon Room this weekend, send me an e-mail and I'll bring some vino. Anyone else, such as Agent 45, please send me an e-mail with a list of what you're interested in trading. Cool! [email protected]

-Weird Unc

p.s. dangergirl, don't let old Sonoma chauvinism deny you the pleasure of exquisite Napa juice!

H

Weirdunc presented me with a bottle of his fantastic wine as a thank-you gift at Tiki-Ti last week, and I can't wait to try it! Now I'm racking my brain to think what I can trade with him to get more. :) Don't let this opportunity pass you by!

Also sent you a message.

right now - if i had anything to trade, i would do it, but all tiki non-essentials (is there such a thing?) are safely packed and knee deep in a storage locker for awhile.

BUT i will add to the recommendations of the delights that come from the judd's hill winery. i have had the pleasure of a bottle or two from the vineyard [THANK YOU for the gifts from my 2nd favorite wierd uncle (sorry, but my 1st fav is by blood up in vancouver)]. And tonight i had the pleasure of a '99 merlot that was sublime and 'edible' if you know what i mean.

trade away! if you know wht's good for you.

Hey! I just got a beautiful print of "Tiki Ruins" by Raffertiki (Who's hopefully at home sipping from one of the bottles of vino I sent his way) in a fine Monkeyman bamboo frame. Humuhumu hooked me up with a beautiful vintage aloha shirt and a couple other trades are in the works. This offer still stands if anyone wants to take advantage of it(and I certainly hope you will).

Okole Maluna!

-Weird Unc

V

Would you like to trade for some nice Bordeaux wine bottles ?? :)
Anyway, I'd love to taste your napa valley products someday. The one we can find here aren't that good or are hard to find.

Hi, Virani!

I just checked into shipping to the UK and it was quite expensive. If you really want to work something out, that'd be swell and I'll check into getting wine to France. Feel free to e-mail me. Bordeaux makes some great wines to be sure, but I really am looking for tiki/Hawaiiana. My wine cellar is too full and my tiki room can never be full enough!

-Weird Unc

T

It sounds great. I'll PM you.

WeirdUnc,

We just partook in our first bottle, er two bottles, of "Magic," and I'm not kidding, but it was maybe the best bottle of red that I've had in a long time, If ever. I can't wait to try the next step up. Trust me, this is a good trade. My wife even says to say this wine is awesome, and she's a tough one.

Attention, California Traders! I'l be driving from Los Angeles to Northern California on September 8. If there's anyone along the coast or up the Central Valley or in the Bay Area who wants to swap tiki-related stuff for wine that day, send me an e-mail and perhaps I can swing by and make the trade. Let me know by the 6th, so I can load up with the appropriate vino. Mahalo!

Also... Thanks so much for the compliments, Raffertiki and the rest of youse all!

-Weird Unc

On 2004-08-30 13:05, weirduncletiki wrote:
Attention, California Traders! I'l be driving from Los Angeles to Northern California on September 8. If there's anyone along the coast or up the Central Valley or in the Bay Area who wants to swap tiki-related stuff for wine that day, send me an e-mail and perhaps I can swing by and make the trade. Let me know by the 6th,
-Weird Unc

Damn Unc!
Stop by my bar for some free booze!
I'm in Carmel Highlands. See if it's in your route.

Thanks, Unga! I'll see how the route takes me. It sure would be swell to see your place, but I may have to pass on the booze since it'll be a long day of driving(I can't believe I'm turning down free drinks!). Got anything you want to trade? Should I pack some vino for ya? I'm not a stranger to your area and will certainly get there soon, if I miss you on this trip. Mahalo!

-Weird Unc

Pages: 1 17 replies