Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

New York, New York

Pages: 1 14 replies

P
pablus posted on Tue, Aug 3, 2004 4:49 PM

We'll be there for a few days AUG. 19th - 20th - working on 21st - 22nd.
3 or 4 of us.

Otto's Shrunken Head is a definite either Thrs. or Fri. Gotta see those C'Al tikis.

Anyplace else a must?
Can we hook up with some Metropolis Ohana?

TC

maybe. but my wife has family from overseas during that time. i'll get back to you.

MC

sure! I'm always up for meeting TCers in NYC!

Hey Pablus,

That's a funky week for me, but I might be able to swing Ottos. When you narrow it down to Thurs. or Fri. let me know.

P

OK here's the schedule:

Thursday night: Otto's Shrunken Head

Friday night: SMOKE jazz club and then - THE PLAN is to hit The Zombie Hut in Booohkln or maybe back to the Shrunken Head if the Fishermen are playing or something.

Sat. night: Gotta work at SMOKE - awwwww - what a bummer for this jazz freak to have to work at a jazz club.

BTW - My lovely wahine will be with me.
And I'll have 2 or 3 or 4 guys with me, incl. Ona Koka, depending on how game they are to forego sleep.

Hope to meet some metrotikis.

awe - you guys are making me homesick for the only other city that is the tops in the world for me than socal... i gotta visit really soon...
have fun at otto's.

T

hey guys
steve from Otto's here!
If you guys are gonna be around on thurs. my band the Carvels are playing at 9pm. We're a 60's garage rock/girl group outfit.
hope to see you all on thurs.
s

P

Terrific.
Strep.

Maybe Ona Koka can drink mine for me but I'm out.

Anybody got any morphine?

I just found this forum and am glad to see some New Yorkers (and NYC vistors) here. Otto's is a great place. Another spot you may want to hit is Waikiki Wally's, about 12 blocks downtown from Otto's.

MC

I'm sorry that i missed you all! i took a week off from work and was lounging at home! geez--sorry! I hope that you liked NYC TIKI!

manic Cat

P

I was at home with pneumonia.
I missed the whole trip and the cats that did make it are more into bedtime than tikitime.

My wahine and I are planning to be there in Autumn...post Hukilau. See you then!

Steve,

How was the show? I would have come down if the Guided By Voices show had rained out, but it was a clear night down at the Pier, and The GBV show was awesome.

Too bad they're calling it quits.

-g-

H

I will be in NY early Wed. morning, cant wait. NY, here I come....First stop. First bar open..Just Kidding

T

show was great! sorry to have missed you as well. I saw GBV open for Cheap Trick and I never thought that you could drink that much beer and still stand let alone not have to go to the bathroom. They're probably quitting cuase their liver's are asking them to.
see ya soon
steve

MC

G-B-V! G-B-V!

Pablus, don't be a stranger when you make it up to NYC!! Hopefully I will meet you at Hukilau beforehand!
manic c

Pages: 1 14 replies