Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Calling all writers, artists, and poets

Pages: 1 14 replies

T

With the assistance of several Tc members, were putting together a self published book of Tiki inspired short stories and poems. We are looking for artists who would like to illustrate pictures to go along with the stories and a cover for this soon to be named project. Comb binding will be used to bind the pages together. If you are interested in submitting please contact [email protected] for more info.

I am writing a pretty cool story for this. But I was wondering if you had any thoughts on how long the story should be, or how much any one person should contribute? The length would influence my story for sure, so I just wanted your thoughts.

By the way, I'm watching Sesame Street with my kids as I'm writing this, and there was just this short 3d computer animation thing with a kid and his dog singing about how much he loves his wheelchair. When I looked up at it, he was rolling past a forest of palms with a bunch of tiki's in it.

It's everywhere!

I'd love to contribute a piece of artwork to the project! Here's one of my favorites! :)
http://www.suburbanpagan.com/p9.html

Thats cool Suburbanpagan!
I'd love to do a piece to help out.

thanks cheekytiki! Now for the scavenger hunt.....find out what page of BOT I borrowed the design from! :)

C

I am interested in submiting some art/ illustration too.
It would be cool to work with somebody who is writing an article.
keep us posted.
Chongolio

I emailed you.

TC

On 2004-08-06 19:59, Chongolio wrote:
I am interested in submiting some art/ illustration too.
It would be cool to work with somebody who is writing an article.
keep us posted.
Chongolio

Chongolio,
Check your private messages.

F

Should we try and get a list together of who wants to submit art and stories or whatever, so we have an idea of who's all involved? That way too, we could support each other and work together on projects.

T

A fine Idea Finkydaddy

On the writers side of the tracks we have:

Cybertiki
Dangergirl299
Finkdaddy
Johntiki
Satan's Sin
Tikichris
tikilee

On the artists front we have:

Cheekytiki
Chongolio
Flounderart
Foamy
Raffertiki
SuburbanPagan

An impressive group of talent.

I'll have more info on the project very shortly. Thanks again to each and everyone of you.

[ Edited by: tikilee on 2004-08-09 12:05 ]

[ Edited by: tikilee on 2004-08-10 13:11 ]

Tikilee, Anything new happening with this project. I have shared some ideas with Tiki Chris and we have some cool ideas for his story. Since this is your project, I am are holding off on creating any art until you get back to us with what you have in mind.
Please keep us posted as thing progress.

Chongolio

Chongolio

T

Update. We have some great stories in the works. Everything I've read so far has been fantastic. If anyone is still interested in submitting a story or poem let me know. As of right now we have more artists than writers so if anyone has a story let me know and perhaps we can get an illustration done.

Also, whoever is interested in getting there hands on this books once its put together, email or Pm me an I'll put you on the mailing/update list. Thanks

I am thinking of trying to dust off the mind and bring out the muse to see if I can write a decent poem with a tiki theme, is there a dealine to submit it for consideration?

Am I too late? Please say I'm not too late. This book sounds like an awesome idea! I'd love to contribute some illustration. Wish I were more of a writer...

On second thought, I might be able to give it a shot, time depending... If it sucked you could just not include it :) (thought I don't think I'm that bad)

My stuff is all online at http://www.theartdeck.com.

http://www.TheArtDeck.com (dont forget the "the")

[ Edited by: Travellin' Tiki on 2004-08-27 01:19 ]

just wondering about the status of this project.

thanks a bunch,
tc

Pages: 1 14 replies