Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Tiki maybe... Spooky pirate ship

Pages: 1 12 replies

S

I was at Michael's crafts place today and saw the Spooky Town collection. It's pretty cool. Like those awful Christmas villages, only all Halloween and freaky cool. Part of the collection is a pirate ship and lots of accesories for it like dingies, wharfs, barrles, etc. HERE is the Galleon on Ebay. I like it. I am not sure I can spend that right now, but one day. Go by and check it out in your town!

M

Swanky.

Thanks for the heads-up that Michael's has these in again. My wife & I bought the Wax Museum piece last year and love it. I wanted the ship, but it was already sold out. What's so cool about these is not only how they look, but the motions and sounds they give off.

I recommend that if you plan on getting one of these at Michael's - go today. The cooler pieces like the pirate ship sell out very quickly both at the store and on their website.

I was there last week and saw a new addition: A pirate island, complete with a light-up skull cave, etc. It seemed very Disney, actually.

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayArticle?articleNum=ae0241

-Z

castle greyskull in the house...

M

Pirate Island... Must have Pirate Island! Thanks for the pic and tip FZ.

S
Swanky posted on Fri, Aug 6, 2004 9:38 AM

The actual name for that is something lighthouse. A good mate for the ship. ARRrrr! If you search around the internet, there are a number of other pieces to go along with those.

M

Ahoy!

With October creeping up on us, I looked into getting the "Haunted Galleon" on eBay and saw that they were going for over $50 in most cases. So, I did a search and found this place that has both the:

Haunted Galleon (NIB) for $50
Isle of Doom Lighthouse (NIB) for $80

This vendor is also making these available on eBay for the same price.

Those are the same prices they were new in the stores when they were first available. From what I understand, these are both discontinued, but a few shops still have some left.

[ Edited by: MachTiki 2005-08-26 13:14 ]

They had the pirate ship and others on close-out at the big lot's store in columbus when I was there last weekend....i think it was under $35 ,,,check other big lots stores near you and see if they have em'

M

Thanks Tipsy!

R

Department 56 had a really cool ghost ship a couple years ago... it was called sunken schooner or something... had a green glowing light and looked like it'd been beached for years, I keep mine in my tropical room... it also makes "spooky sounds".

I know this is way premature and this post doesn't have one bit of anything to do with tiki in it. It looks like the haunted galleon is out of stock and most likely gone for good. But the rest of the Lemax Spooky Town merchandise from last Halloween is going on sale and they have the images of the 2006 stuff up online for viewing, I guess to show us what can be expected for next year. Looks fun!
Here is the email I just got, I thought I'd pass the info along for those who might be interested. Spooky Town

**Merry Christmas Everyone!

There is a lot of new Spooky Town news to pass along. Due to the ever increasing popularity of Spooky Town, Lemax has decided to split the production of the Halloween collection from the Lemax Christmas collection. They need to do this because it has become too difficult a task to produce all the pieces at the same time. Because of this, the 2006 Spooky Town collection has been introduced now! The first retail order has already been placed with the shipment expected in April! There are 33 new items highlighted by Dead Man's Mine. 42 pieces are also being retired for 2006. The retired items are listed at the bottom of this e-mail. One piece has also been re-designed and re-priced. The Isle of Doom’s fogging unit has been removed and the price has dropped by $20.00.

Once again the 10% Lemax-order program will be offered. Place an order and pay in full prior to the shipment arriving and receive 10% off the entire order with free shipping for orders over $225.00. The Lemax-order shopping cart should be up shortly after the new year.

Go to the homepage of Lemax-SpookyTown.Com. There is now a link to see the new 2006 additions!

Two other ordering notes. All Spooky Town Sugar N Spice and Autumn Harvet pieces and selected Spooky Town pieces are 30% off through the end of the year. Come January 1, the sale will be over. Also, there were 11 non-Spooky Town items ordered that arrived in the last retail shipment. They have just been added to the Miscellaneous category of the shopping cart.
Once again, here’s hoping you all have a very Merry Christmas!

Joe Davis
Lemax-SpookyTown.Com**

[ Edited by: DawnTiki 2005-12-19 22:56 ]

D

On 2005-12-19 22:53, DawnTiki wrote:
It looks like the haunted galleon is out of stock and most likely gone for good.

Good news! I am happy to say I was misinformed about the Haunted Galleon not being produced anymore, I just got this email so I thought I'd share it here :)

Email:

Hi,
Someone directed me to some comments you had made on
the Tiki Central
Forums regrading Spooky Town because they were
worried about the
haunted galleon. After seeing the comments, you
obviously are on the
e-mail list! That's always a good thing! Your
comments:

"I know this is way premature and this post doesn't
have one bit of
anything to do with tiki in it. It looks like the
haunted galleon is
out of stock and most likely gone for good. But the
rest of the Lemax
Spooky Town merchandise from last Halloween is going
on sale and they
have the images of the 2006 stuff up online for
viewing, I guess to
show us what can be expected for next year. Looks
fun!"

Just wanted to pass along that the haunted galleon
is not gone for
good. It is still alive and kicking. A lot more
were ordered as part
of the December retail order and will arrive in
April with the rest of
the shipment of out of stock and new 2006 items.
I've attatched the
checklist from the site. It lists all the items in
Spooky Town based
on the introduction year, along with a column with a
retired year. If
the column is blank, it is still available.

Joe Davis
Lemax-SpookyTown.Com

[ Edited by: DawnTiki 2006-01-12 08:44 ]

K
Kono posted on Thu, Jan 12, 2006 3:49 PM

On 2006-01-12 08:42, DawnTiki wrote:
Good news! I am happy to say I was misinformed about the Haunted Galleon not being produced anymore, I just got this email so I thought I'd share it here :)

Not to get off topic but I once got an unsolicited email from a VP of Old Time Pottery after starting this thread.

You never know who's lurking on Tiki Central!

Pages: 1 12 replies