Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

"Conquest of Hawaii" on History Channel - tiki pics

Pages: 1 4 replies

K
Kenike posted on Fri, Aug 6, 2004 8:01 AM

"Conquest Of Hawaii" has been airing on the History Channel for a few years (I think) and I finally caught it in time to tape it. There's a bunch of tiki's in it and I thought I'd post stills of them from the film. I apologize for the quality....I taped it on VHS and transferred to DVD.

If anyone knows where these were filmed I'd love to find out. I'm assuming it's somewhere in Hawaii.

Also, did anyone catch who narrated the film?

D

Wow! Great pics thanks for sharing them. It looks like these images are from the city of refuge on the big island. Here are some pictures I found of the city of refuge off the internet. I'll have to keep an eye out for when this show airs again, don't wanna miss it.

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-08-06 09:39 ]

I watched that when it aired the other day. I've seen it once before and I love it until the part comes where the Hawaiian people are betrayed by the greedy, sanctimonious empirealists that couldn't stand to see an ancient culture flourish in an unspoiled paradise without manipulating and subverting it to suit their own selfish ajenda. Then I have to turn it off.

O

This show will be aired on History Channel International this coming monday at 9pm PST.

On 2004-08-07 01:37, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
I watched that when it aired the other day. I've seen it once before and I love it until the part comes where the Hawaiian people are betrayed by the greedy, sanctimonious empirealists that couldn't stand to see an ancient culture flourish in an unspoiled paradise without manipulating and subverting it to suit their own selfish ajenda. Then I have to turn it off.

It has been said that the Missionaries came to do good and stayed to do well.

Pages: 1 4 replies