Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Inflatable Lawn Tiki

Pages: 1 7 replies

I was driving past a garden center that normally has those big, inflatable Homer Simpson Halloween lawn things out front for sale, when I saw this:

http://www.brandsonsale.com/fit-30169.html

I'm not quite sure what to think.

-Z

T

i saw those a couple months ago at party city. kinda funky looking. don't think i'd spend the money on it.

TM

Be afraid, very afraid....

S

HELP!!!!! A Pokemon ate my tikis!!!

Thanks Zombified, this is exactly what I've been looking for to scare the birds away from my vegitable garden.

T

Damn, that looks like a cross between a scary tiki and a killer clown. Yikes!

R

Well, I don't know if I'm proud or embarrassed to say that I bought one when I encountered it at clearance prices (half-off). It certainly looks like a child's cartoon version of a tiki (not scary enough, doesn't instill awe especially), but I'm sure that THAT was the manufacturer's point -- to entertain children at luau-themed birthday parties. Hey, that's okay. I think it can be used to gently lure people into the awesome Tiki Worship Palace awaiting them as they enter my backyard where, yes, I have built a "working" volcano and other pseudo-Polynesian art objects that should make 'em wonder if I'm not taking this just a tad too seriously... Bwa-ha-ha-haaa!!!

Oh, yeah, I figure if you put a headband and a single feather on the top head, the vague but colorful figure can double as a totem pole for your Great Western Frontier parties as well. Eh? _|:^0 >:-] #8') ||

T

Perfect for the kids tiki inspired birthday party, kind of has that totem thing though.

Pages: 1 7 replies