Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Pics of my first tiki party

Pages: 1 14 replies

We had about 80 guests, a band, a bartender, and 2 servers. These pics don't do it justice, but you'll get the idea. Thanks all for the inspiration.

Next time I'll add 50 more to the guest list.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/share/view?i=EeBNmzNy0ZtWEY&open=1&sm=1&sl=1

My favorite pic is of the two little kids in their Hawaiian shirts and holding plastic tiki mugs.

What a rage! The gods would be amused.

I love the tiki, tiki-torches.

B

Cool, Happy Tiki Party. I love the pictures. Looks like everyone is having fun.
happyhappyhappy

J
JTD posted on Sun, Aug 8, 2004 7:13 AM

Way to go, Raffertiki!

Spreading the gospel to the tiki hinterlands of Long Island. May it be the start of something big there!

-JTD

B

Where on Long Island? My 3rd wife was from LI

Good job, Dude!

T

I love that it is an all-ages event! From young to old, who doesn't love a tiki party? Must have brought back some cool memories for the blue rinse set...

Thanks all. Yes I think I infected at least a few with the tiki bug. And people of all ages had a good time, heck, it's usually the blue-rinse set that has to show the younguns how to party.

Funny thing, we've been in our house for 6 years, and it took our party to get three sets of neighbors to have their first conversation (beyond a wave) in 17 years.

Hey Benz, The line of thought with the guys I know, is to go out of state for a wife, and leave the L.I. girls to those who don't know any better. No offense to L.I. girls.

S

Good to see it. What did you serve drink-wise?

Hey Swanky,
We served, from Adam Rocke's Tiki Drink book, Tiki Mai Tais & Malaysian Coladas, as well as keg beer. I had to dump a lot of beer.

I enjoyed those pics, Raffertiki. The guy with the long, blond-hair in the Abercrombie shirt looks like the inspiration for your comic strip only without the mustache. Am I right?

The guy with the long, blond-hair in the Abercrombie shirt looks like the inspiration for your comic strip only without the mustache. Am I right?

That's funny. He is one of 3 people that the character is based on. The second guy was also at the party, but I somehow didn't get a photo of him. The third guy was a no show. It would have been an interesting photo op.

Are these guys aware of their fame? :)

Are these guys aware of their fame?

No, and lets keep it that way. Although the guy in the pics did do the voices for my Flash game, Wave Glomming Hodads.

Pages: 1 14 replies