Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Haole Kat here...

Pages: 1 8 replies

HK

Hi All!

I stumbled across this place when I saw the link on Tiki Kiliki's site. Glad I decided to click...

What a cool hang ya'll got here. I'm looking forward to digging through the plethora of messages in the various forums.

I play Guitar/Ukulele/Bass in HAOLE KATS!!! We play a wide variety of styles. I think some of you may have heard us at Tiki Torch Nights in July. We had a BLAST and are very much looking forward to going back in October.

I'll post a link to our alter ego site - WHOLLY CATS!!!

The world of Tiki is relatively new to me. However, I'm finding it to be quite addictive...I'm sure alot of you can relate. There's so much cool stuff out there!

Looking forward to getting aquainted with ya'll!

Josh Gibson
http://www.whollycatsband.com

HK

DOH! I thought I was posting this under the intro topic....sorry 'bout that!

Haole Kat

Welcome Haole Kat

It's good to see another Floridian on the site. I'm on the other side of the state in Cocoa.

This is a great place I'm sure you will enjoy.

You might be interested in this.
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=9728&forum=4&30
It's a Tiki Central gathering at the new bar in Orlando called Wai Tiki.

Hope to see you there.

Hi Josh!

Glad you're here and welcome to Tiki Central.

Just so everyone knows, the Haole Kats!! are wonderful! They had a great response upon their Atlanta debut at Tiki Torch Nights and put on an amazing show. We'll have them back very soon!

P
pablus posted on Sat, Aug 7, 2004 9:58 AM

Ho Kat,
I'm the dude who couldn't find D minor.

Uhhhh... yeah - I was loaded.

Found it the next morning with no problem.

PM (personal message) me for some pic info and gig info.

You guys were swinging that night.
Pleasure to meet you all.

Aloha and welcome to TC.

H

Aloha & welcome to TC!

I was at Tiki Torch Nights in July, too--I'm working on getting my photos from that night up. I'm pretty sure all the band shots are really, really blurry (which anyone here can tell you is sadly par for the course with my photos). I LOVED the Haole Kats, you guys were great fun to dance to!

HK

Flounder - Thanks for the welcome! Unfortunately, we'll be working that night...BUT...we will be playing at Waitiki on August 20th. Hopefully we'll get a chance to meet and chat a bit. I saw some of your paintings and can't wait to see them in person! Great Stuff!

Kiliki - Thanks so much for everything. We anxiously anticipate seeing you in October. Unfortunately, work is keeping us from Hukilau...major bummer...c'est la vie.

Pablus - What's up man? I think your PM is disabled. Send me an e-mail sometime. Maybe we can hook up for a Uke jam...we'll work out the chords BEFORE the Scorpion! Ha! Seriously though, we're glad you dug it!

Humu - We' dlove to see any photos you might have from that night...we didn't get as many as we thought. It's nice to get some positive feedback about our performance. We're still working out the kinks in our show, so future gigs promise to be even better! Hope to see you out sometime and get a chance to officialy meet.

Aloha and thanks for the kind words!

Haole Kat

H

On 2004-08-07 14:42, Haole Kat wrote:
Hope to see you out sometime and get a chance to officialy meet.

Silly kat, we did meet! I was the blond chick in the blue strapless dress who was dancing with Kiliki. Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to many of your shows, what with the whole living-in-Los-Angeles thing and all. Anyone who lives close to the Haole Kats should check them out, for sure!

[ Edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-08-09 15:59 ]

HK

Humu - DOH! I just looked under the member photos - I remember you. Shame on me for forgetting a pretty dancing girl! I'm really glad you liked the band. We had a blast!

JG

Pages: 1 8 replies