Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Ladies: If the young man in this photo asked you to the prom..

Pages: 1 18 replies

Would you say yes?

I found these at a garage sale this weekend. Tikibelle admits that she would have probably said Yes.

Grad-Nite, Disneyland, 1974

Prom, 1974.

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2004-08-09 13:52 ]

D

Holy shit! The white bow-tie in the first photo looks like it should have it's own zip code.

This guy looks like a reject from the "My Three Sons' audition.

T

He kinda looks like the guy who DID take me to the prom!

TM1

Holy cow!

Where did you find that great picture of Tiki Bong??

S
Swanky posted on Mon, Aug 9, 2004 3:19 PM

I swear to you, I have that blue velvet tux jacket int he second picture! It's a wee bit small for me now, but I can't part with it!

HA HA HA HA HA
THAT'S funny.

Swanky,
Even though I laugh, blue is my favorite colour, and a velvet tux is definitely something to keep. Just be sure to ditch the shirt and bow tie.

Is that Jeff Spicoli?

Gnarly!

Do you think he might have smoked pot once or twice?

Trader Woody

T

I bet you someone who knows him will see this thread and recognise this guy - you just watch!

M

I'd have to say no.

H

That guy would have been a huge improvement over my actual date to the prom.

D

he's dreamy, with that Leif Garrett hair!

D

Leif Garrett must be so pissed that he's bald now...

Z

Dude! For 1974, he'd be a hot surfer boy! The chipped front tooth almost guarantees it. Surfers would pick out that tux today!
The pants are rad!
The big question is why did he ditch the white bow-tie in some of the pictures? Did Mickey want it back?

Well, it's obvious none of you scoffers were high school (or junior high) girls in 1974.

That boy is, you know, CUTE. I, like, would SO liked to have gone to the Prom with him, ya know?

(Trust me, that was Arch High Cuteness in 1974. And even the fashion was cutting edge.)

Somebody told me that his name was Bill
The doo run run run, the doo run run.

I don't know what disturbs me more, the fact that someone was selling their old pictures at a rummage sale, or the idea that someone else would buy them.

i'm mostly distubed by the image of shaun cassidy with a (quasi-) thomson submachine gun

8T

I think his hair is prettier than hers.
I have to go vomit now.

Pages: 1 18 replies