Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Shag artwork on TV? -Teen Choice Awards

Pages: 1 7 replies

So I'm watching TV in bed last night and what should catch my attention but an ad for the Teen Choice Awards containing shag artwork? I think? There were other crude colourful tikis, but I definitely saw some of his work, such as the three wahines. If it's not his, it's a rip off. Very blatant.

I think the show airs on the 11th, in case you want to catch it. I'm not sure if he or his company know about this, I hope they do!

Here's an image they have up right now containing the "colourful" tikis:

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine on 2004-08-09 14:15 ]

hmmm. what are the teens choosing?

Uhhh...don't know don't care? :wink:

Movies I think.

TC

how many teens do we get to choose?

ohhh Tiki Chris you reminded me of the WORST thing I could possibly say...

"If they're old enough to crawl..."

I won't finish it. Those of you that already know it can laugh. Or cringe. Or both.

This crappy awards show where teen's vote and present awards to their favorite sports star, movie star, extreme athlete, blah, blah, blah had been going on for a few years. And it seems they haven't let go of the tiki theme that they have along with giving out 5 foot surfboards as trophies. A couple years ago it was neon painted moais on stage. While these don't look exactly like Shag IMHO, they are scary close. Though ask most teens and they don't care/don't know the difference. Tiki seems to be the big thing with corporate America and they are not ready to give up on it yet...

TC

On 2004-08-09 15:02, Tikiwahine wrote:
ohhh Tiki Chris you reminded me of the WORST thing I could possibly say...

"If they're old enough to crawl..."

I won't finish it. Those of you that already know it can laugh. Or cringe. Or both.

if there's grass on the field ...

N

old enough to bleed.....

Pages: 1 7 replies