Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Fez Monkeys?

Pages: 1 10 replies

I don’t know exactly why but for some reason there is a correlation between Tiki stuff and Monkeys with Fez’s. I don’t believe the little poop hurlers live anyplace in Polynesia but I often see their likeness’ in the same shops that sell Bamboo Furniture, Aloha Shirts and so on.

Does anyone know this connection besides just seeming drinky?

There is an eclectic winery near our house. Bonny Doon it’s called and the owner is quite a nut. Many of their wine labels feature prison themes, screw caps, lies about UFO abductions or weird yarns spun about the history of the grapes used. They sell a fezed monkey on a spring for about 5 bucks. He’s ceramic, his left hand on his knee and is sitting on his right hand. (reloading?) He’s perfect for any serious workplace or adds a nice seasoning of slack to your Bentley’s Dashboard, and thus can guide you swiftly to your rumjungle destination.

Another monkey item which is a must for any serious enthusiast is from the Gempler Catalogue. They are purveyors of laboratory and industrial supplies. They sell rubber boots in almost any color you can imagine (if you ever go to a real rainforest you will want rubber boots) but the best thing they have are plastic warning signs.

“These Monkeys Bite and can cause serious injury” (also in Spanish)
They are real lab signs, and give people the creeps. I buy them by the dozen and send them as Christmas cards. When friends are in the hospital they get posted on the door, and I nail them to gates and trees when visiting any rural place...I digress...what is it about Monkeys?

On 2004-08-09 18:37, Gigantalope wrote:
They sell a fezed monkey on a spring for about 5 bucks. He’s ceramic, his left hand on his knee and is sitting on his right hand.

Sproing Monkey!
I used to have one; and actually attached it to my dashboard. Damn thing drove me nuts - watching it bobble up and down. So I moved it to the back dashboard area. Then, on a really hot day, the glue melted and the guy slid forward; then it cooled and the glue solidified, with the monkey half on its base, hanging forward.

So I removed it from the spring and shoved it between the dashboard and the windshield; until I finally got a Real Job and put it away.

It's in my Evil Ex's car now, I believe.

And thus ends the Tragically True yet Impossibly Boring Tale of my Sproing Monkey.

p.s. I love Bonny Doon's Framboise - it's called Chaucer I believe and it tastes like Naughty Love. MMmmmmmm!

T

I don’t know exactly why but for some reason there is a correlation between Tiki stuff and Monkeys with Fez’s....I digress...what is it about Monkeys?

Maybe take this advice that was given to me when I first came to this site, if you have a question DO A SEARCH you may find your ANSWER. There is a LOT of knowledge and previous discussion about many topics. Before you post look and see the chance are HIGH that it has been brought up before. So look, find, and post. And if you look, do not find, well...post. Good luck and glad your among us.

I don't know, but I have one which is the base for a lamp.

Shag also uses monkeys sporting red fezzes in his work.

Possibly this thread "Monkeys and Fezzes" will provide insight: http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=293&forum=1

I don’t know exactly why but for some reason there is a correlation between Tiki stuff and Monkeys with Fez’s.

To keep it short: The fezzes hide the mind control devices the Aliens who built the Moai on Easter Island installed on the monkeys to turn them into their ravenous minions in a failed attempt to conquer earth.

Hey Tiki Toa, thanks for the tip...getting my feet wet...I have actually noticed after posting that some of my rants and spews were misfiled and or redudant to conversations past.

Appreciate the note.

Gigantalope.

Do you think Wilkenson could be elected to Downing St. since England won the champinship?

[i]On 2004-08-09 19:46, Atomic Cocktail
To keep it short: The fezzes hide the mind control devices the Aliens who built the Moai on Easter Island installed on the monkeys to turn them into their ravenous minions in a failed attempt to conquer earth.

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-12 14:39 ]

On 2004-08-09 23:48, filslash wrote:
aloha,

[i]On 2004-08-09 19:46, Atomic Cocktail

Heheeeeehheeeheee...
I nominate this post as one of the funniest of the year!!!

Or the highest! :)

T

Pick up a nice three piece hear/see/speak no evil monkey set today at meijers. Better yet, all three are wearing everybodies favorite shriner hats. Each is made of wood and is about 8 inches tall. Along with the shriner hat each has a matching rust colored vest. Found them in the gift/figurine dept. Retail is $4.99 each but the rang up $3.99. A great find for the bar. Should have bought a camera so I could post a picture.

[ Edited by: tikilee on 2004-08-11 20:28 ]

W

On 2011-03-27 20:49, woofmutt wrote:
Fez-A-Roni...The Tiki Central Treat!

2011: The Fezzes or No Fezzes poll - immediate results

2011: Trader Vic says no to the fez !!

2009: Show us your FEZ

2008: Fez Monkey

2007: Tikis and Fez'zzz...what's the connection ?

2006: Which is the meaning of the fez in lounge culture?

2005: Monkeys and Fezzes

2004: Fabulous Fez Instructions

2004: Fez Monkeys?

2002: Monkeys and Fezzes

More cross-posting - but am I cross posting by pointing this out in various posts?

Pages: 1 10 replies