Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

tiki oasis v reservation update

Pages: 1 15 replies

C

Aloha!

(This is an update only - THERE ARE NO CHANGES in how to book!)

The event was announced here, exclusively to Tiki Centralites on Friday, August 6th. The Caliente tropics Resort is now fully-booked. There are many rooms available at the Royal Sun Inn. PLEASE DO NOT RESERVE YOUR SPACE (or view the link) UNTIL YOU READ THIS ANNOUNCEMENT CAREFULLY. The direct link is...

http://reservations.ihotelier.com/crs/g_login.cfm?hotelid=2418&languageid=1

Of course, you can also go to

http://www.calientetropics.com/ and click on GROUP RESERVATION in the left navigation bar.

THE GROUP ATTENDEE CODE IS 9 8 6 4 .

In order to attend all or the event, you must stay in a designated hotel. This year, you have your choice of the Royal Sun (on the same side of the street as the event and two doors down the street) or the Caliente tropics Resort.

We have contracted with the Royal Sun, as they were the most responsive and accommodating. Unfortunately, the Vagabond was starting to "turn the screws" on us with pricing. As it is, any two people can stay at the newly renovated Royal Sun for the minimum two night stay, and have access to all of the event, starting at $199, plus tax (including breakfast)!

Our focus was to be as inclusive as possible with pricing, so everyone can enjoy the weekend. Children through 17 years will be free (hotels and event).

If you happen to look at any of the Royal Sun pictures, http://www.royalsuninn.com/, please be aware the rooms look nothing like these pictures. They have renovated with all new furniture, soft goods, and bathroom upgrades and simply haven't had an opportunity to have pics taken of the new product.

ALL ROOMS FOR BOTH HOTELS ARE AVAILABLE ONLY THROUGH THE CALIENTE TROPICS RESORT WEB SITE. This was quite a challenge, so please let me know ([email protected]) if you read or view anything that doesn't make sense or seem right. I have spent hours (and hours) testing and re-testing to make certain we covered all the bases.

ROOM TYPES (please review carefully)!...

Royal Sun Inn
Two Queens
One King

Caliente tropics Resort
Wallis Island One King
(western/mountain side of the resort)

Easter Island One King
(eastern side of the resort)

Tahitian Lanai King
10 rooms on the south side of
the Resort with upgraded amenities
thirty square feet larger than
Wallis or Easter Island Kings
ALL ON THE SECOND FLOOR

After you stay the minimum two nights, at either hotel, all rooms and suites are available for $75 per night--SO COME EARLY AND STAY LATE. The festivities will get rolling on Thursday night, and end Sunday with a special Tiki Pop Culture Trivia night (with a surprise M.C.!) in The REEF.

Please watch Tiki Central or TikiNews.com for updates.

We look forward to welcoming everyone to Tiki Oasis V!

Mahalo!

[ Edited by: CaseyJPS on 2004-08-14 13:01 ]

Is this different than the first post or did you just get sick of the first post and call for a do-over?

Casey keep on fighting the good fight.

T

I have held off on saying anything, but....I was so looking forward to making this our tiki road trip next year, but with the way it is being done, there is no way we can afford it, with Hukilau coming and trying to come to So.Cali in Aug. I cannot afford to pay upfront for a room for an event that is 8 months away. And even if I could find somewhere to stay it is not like I would have the easiest time coming for the day. Casey I think that you took alot of the feedback and tried to make it a better event, I think in the end you will have, I have heard so many great things about the Caliente and I looked so forward to staying and I am very saddened to be not able say I ever made it for a Tiki Oasis.

C

Aloha Tiki-Toa!

It is highly unlikely the Royal Sun Inn will sell-out before April 01, 2005, and I'm referring to the Royal Sun because Tiki News has made such a great deal with them($199.99), especially for peak season weekend in Palm Springs. Unfortunately, we cannot co-mingle deposits from one property to the other and the Royal Sun Inn requires full prepayment of both nights when we give them a rooming list at the start of every month.

We definitely want you to enjoy the event and all of our wonderful Tiki Central family! Don't write-off Tiki Oasis V. Just check back in the spring (if not sooner). If demand is great enough, we might secure more rooms at a third hotel.

Mahalo!

Mahalo Casey, I will keep the Oasis open, and I will see what happens after I am done with all that is yet to come for this year.

A

OOoh, I'm a little slow on the draw. so...a few questions.

1. Is there a website for Tiki Oasis 2005 yet? I've only hit on the 2004 one.

2. Am I to understand that the Caliente Tropics is already sold out? Is there a wait list? maybe I should be bugging them about this and not y'all...?

3. I would be an Oasis Virgin. Can everyone go gentle on me?

4. Is there an attendee roll call set up yet?

That is all.

annalulu

H

Hi annalulu:

I'll leave your other questions to the pros, but re: 3)... of course! We tend to be extra careful when roasting the flesh of the virgins, to preserve the tenderness. We don't want you to taste gamey!

You'll be welcomed with open arms at Oasis, but if you really want to maximize your experience, may I suggest you get to know some of the crowd before then? You'll have plenty of opportunities between now & then to come out & have fun with us. In particular, you have the luxury of living right near our Wednesday clubhouse, Tiki-Ti.

Wow! I had no idea I should already be booking. I was soooooooooooooooo looking forwards to staying at the tropics this year and I missed out! Oh well. Just wanted to make sure I didn't miss out on any other important deadlines... Presumably vendor booking hasn't started yet?

Thats what I get for lagging. Last year i booked about 8 months early, this year I lagged a couple of weeks and now the tropics is sold out. I'll have to set myself up somewhere else and see if I can get on a waiting list or something in case of cancellations at the tropics. Last year was awesome I was two rooms away from 135, stumbling distance.

There are plenty of affordable rooms available at the Royal Sun Inn, just two doors away from the Caliente tropics Resort. Please follow the instructions as listed in the opening of this listing. We have decided to make day passes available since the original listing, but I can guarantee you they will not be available at $40 each, they will be considerably more. Otherwise, two adult tickets are included with every room you purchase at the Royal Sun Inn.
Mahalo!

W

Hi....does anyone know the deal w/vendors? We were vendors at Tiki Oasis 4 & hope to be in 2005 too. Cant afford to book a room yet, but want to make sure we get in. I guess Im wondering if we will automatically be "in" if we are vendors?? ....even if both hotels sell out & we stay somewhere else? Does anyone know how that works? Any info would be appreciated. THANKS ahead of time!!

Aloha!

All vendor inquiries must be directed to: [email protected] .

B

Hey Tiki Oasis Folks!

As you can see Otto and I are really busy with the Tiki Art Now show in San Francisco. But I wanted to give you all the heads up that we are finalizing all the details for Tiki Oasis V at this time. All the details on bands and other fun stuff will be posted to the tikinews website within the next few weeks.

I am not sure of all the things that have been stated on this list about our dream weekender Tiki Oasis. I hear there has already been some negative things said about TO and Tiki News soooooo if anyone would like to e-mail me off list with questions or concerns (i.e. yes, we really do this for the love of tiki shows and I can tell you all about it in detail!) then please contact me! This way people can get real info from the SOURCE! :)

XOXO Baby Doe
[[email protected]]

Also not sure if Otto's e-mail got buried so here it is again...

There will be weekend pass tickets available for people who are not staying in either hotel. Repeat: THERE WILL BE WEEKEND DAY PASSES SOLD FOR TIKI OASIS V! We will have a limited amount of these weekend passes as there is a limited capacity on the hotel grounds. Day passes will be sold for a limited time. Tiki Central and Tiki News subscribers will get a month or two head start on the general public so if it sells out based solely on the dedicated Tiki lovers then all the better!!

When we are ready to sell those tickets I will post it to the new thread for Tiki Oasis 5 which is titled update (or something like that)

In order to accommodate everyone for Tiki Oasis V we are working out the details for non hotel-package tickets, aka Day Passes. It was our intention to make the hotel rooms available as soon as possible and also to give Tiki Central members a 48 hour head start over Tiki News subscribers. Therefore the hotel rooms were made available as soon as Casey got everything arranged.

BUT
please note that additional tickets for extra room guests (ie if more than two people are staying in one room) are available through the hotel and can be purchased now from the Caliente tropics. So please let the hotel know of your extra guests and book them accordingly!

Our goal is to offer wide options but to maintain the exclusive sense of the event. We still recommend that people stay at the hotel to have the complete Tiki Oasis experience. Overall you can see that the hotel package deal is way better than anything we've offered in the past!

Sorry for the delay in addressing this issue. Thanks to a TC friend for letting us know of these postings! Baby Doe and I are not that active on TC due to crazy work and life schedules so we don't always know about these discussions in a timely fashion.

Look forward to seeing you all at Tiki Oasis V!

Ahoy,
Otto

Just reserved my room at the Royal Sun. This is going to be fun. No hurricanes, maybe an earthquake. We'll ride it like the wild surf. GNARLY DUDE!

TT

Casey set me up a while ago with the Royal Sun for the Oasis V. I was and still am bummed I missed out on the Caliente, but that's what you get for snoozing. I was checking every week for a while then gave up and BAMB-everything gone. I guess the event will be bigger than years past? I never had trouble getting a room at the Caliente before, so that's my assumption at least. I love the Oasis.

Pages: 1 15 replies