Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

nor cal int'l pre tiki day- modesto 8-13-04

Pages: 1 13 replies

Some of us are going to meet at Minnie's in Modesto on Friday night 8-13 at about 9pm. We will then leave for Southern California Saturday around 8am. YIKES!
Who wants to meet us for drinks Friday night??

Hot damn, Friday the 13th at Minnies-my lucky day!!! ZAZZ!!!

T

Where the hell is Modesto???

a little birdie told me that smiley and clan were visiting on friday the 13th. we shall be your welcoming crew.

if your mouth get parched on the way there, stop by our place and see the ever-changing soon-to-be tiki bar area that has no name. even though it is in its infantile stages, it needs to be christened by proper tiki folk.

:drink:

M

On 2004-08-11 14:52, Tiki-bot wrote:
Where the hell is Modesto???

I know you must be kidding. I'll tell you where Modesto is--it is where the action will BE on Friday night!!!!
You know, Modesto-the small town with TWO vintage tiki bars and a vintage Tiki Motel!!

IN

"Walk right in
sit right down
daddy let yo hair hang down

Everbodies talkin' bout a new way a walkin'... do you wanna loo oose your mind

Walk right in
sit right down
baby let yo hair hang down"

[ Edited by: Jungle Trader on 2004-08-11 18:12 ]

M

Good thinking, Smiley- should have posted this sooner. Look forward to seeing the valley regulars.

Except Jungle Trader. I hate that guy.

:wink:

Modesto:
Home of Scott Peterson, Gary Condit and two fab tiki bars which I have yet to explore.

It is also the halfway point between my home in the Tri Valley and the office I sometimes staff in Merced ("Gateway to Yosemite").

Don't get me started on the freeway drivers in that area.

On 2004-08-12 11:08, dangergirl299 wrote:
Modesto:
Home of Scott Peterson, Gary Condit and two fab tiki bars which I have yet to explore.

Dangergirl, Sounds like a good reason to go!!! We better see you there Friday!! I get off in the City at 6pm and I'm going-you have no excuse. :)

I have a very good excuse! I'm waking up at 4:00 am the next morning to catch an early am flight to hawaii! I'm spending Tiki Day with my entire family, aloha/loco moco style! Crazy Haole family takes over Kona!

I tend to drive out to Merced once or twice a month - I'll let you all know next time I go and we can do some binge drinking then? Work will reimburse me for "reasonable" eating/lodging expenses.

M

On 2004-08-12 11:50, dangergirl299 wrote:
I have a very good excuse! I'm waking up at 4:00 am the next morning to catch an early am flight to hawaii! I'm spending Tiki Day with my entire family, aloha/loco moco style! Crazy Haole family takes over Kona!

I tend to drive out to Merced once or twice a month - I'll let you all know next time I go and we can do some binge drinking then? Work will reimburse me for "reasonable" eating/lodging expenses.

Have a blast in Hawaii--it seems I head out to Minnie's more than I do to my local Trader Vic's and Vic's is only ten minutes away!! (it is fun to get out of town). So there will be other chances for a get together-drag your boyfriend along.---mr smiley

On 2004-08-12 19:15, mrsmiley wrote:
Have a blast in Hawaii--it seems I head out to Minnie's more than I do to my local Trader Vic's and Vic's is only ten minutes away!! (it is fun to get out of town). So there will be other chances for a get together-drag your boyfriend along.---mr smiley

Boyfriend! Ha! He was demoted long ago - his new title is "Evil Ex."

I'm a swingin single yet again...

woo hoo!

Dangergirl, I haven't seen you in twelve million years. Sorry you couldn't make Minnie's for the pre-ITD celebrations! But soon, soon--Central Valley Crawl, hope so!

XOX tikivixen

On 2004-08-31 23:58, tikivixen wrote:
Dangergirl, I haven't seen you in twelve million years. Sorry you couldn't make Minnie's for the pre-ITD celebrations! But soon, soon--Central Valley Crawl, hope so!

XOX tikivixen  

hey tikivix!

I haven't surfaced in 12 million years! I've been living a hermit-like life recently, chained to my desk and all.
but I plan on getting my tiki drink on soon - the Central Valley crawl is on my calendar - in PEN no less!

Pages: 1 13 replies