Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Tiki Guitar Picks

Pages: 1 5 replies

D

found these on my search of things tiki on amazon.com tiki picks

"The Blackline series from Dunlop are some of the most unique, colorful and just plain cool picks ever created. All Blackline illustrations are new originals from legendary rock poster designer Alan Forbes. Forbes paints each design by hand in the craftsman"s blackline style, with distinct areas of bright, solid colors outlined in heavy-handed black. Dunlop uses a precision pad printing process to transfer durable, thick-film colors that won"t flake nor rub off."

makes me wish i played guitar!

[ Edited by: dogbytes on 2004-08-11 17:07 ]

M
Moki posted on Wed, Aug 11, 2004 5:09 PM

You beat me to it.
Ha Ha
:drink:

[ Edited by: Moki on 2004-08-11 17:10 ]

DZ

Elliot Easton (former guitarist for The Cars) had another band called "Elliot Easton's Tiki Gods", and all his guitar picks were custom imprinted with blackline drawings of tikis. While I've seen one other, the most common design appears to be the classic Paul Marshall mug. They pop up on eBay every once in a while...

Those are very COOL. I went and ordered a couple sets. Thanks for sharing the info Dogbytes. A collection of those mounted and framed would look pretty bitchin' in any music hut.
Dr Z- Have you heard the music of Elliot's Tiki god band? I dig the cars first couple of albums and some of there later stuff. I always thought they were a pretty hip band. Particulary the guitar work by Elliot.

Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2004-08-12 19:53 ]

K

On 2004-08-12 19:41, Chongolio wrote:
Dr Z- Have you heard the music of Elliot's Tiki god band? I dig the cars first couple of albums and some of there later stuff. I always thought they were a pretty hip band. Particulary the guitar work by Elliot.

They have a track on that "Shots in the Dark" Mancini cover compilation CD...pretty cool. I'[m not sure if it's still in print.

M

DogBytes,

Check out this thread about the picks - plus some...

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=8608&forum=11

It'll really make you wish you played guitar.

Pages: 1 5 replies