Pages: 1 22 replies

TT

BUMP

[ Edited by: tiki troy on 2004-08-12 04:38 ]

"slacker"?

K

nerd

On 2004-08-11 17:51, TIKI TROY wrote:
I am looking for a word, that sums up the whole life style.

Rum

TT

[ Edited by: tiki troy on 2004-08-12 04:37 ]

aloha,

Why is it every time someone asks a serious question on here, some freaks think they're funny, and has to leave some dumb ass answers*

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-12 14:39 ]

TT

[ Edited by: on 2004-08-12 04:39 ]

On 2004-08-11 19:58, TIKI TROY wrote:
Why is it every time someone asks a serious question on here, some freaks think there funny and has to leave some dumb ass answers???

Because I am funny :P

On 2004-08-11 20:21, TIKI TROY wrote:
I read all post and topics too, but only answer when I have something to say or I have the answer there looking for.

Look at my post history. I contribute plenty of worthwile info, not that I need to justify my being here. Am I not allowed to be a smart ass now and then?

On 2004-08-11 20:21, TIKI TROY wrote:
I am not mad, but was looking for a real answer.

Well, I didn't just pull "slacker" out of thin air. You mentioned surfing, collecting, laid back, (you forgot alcohol) and I'm sorry but to at least some degree "slacker" does fit. I saw what you typed and I responded with what it all seemed to add up to.

Don't be so serious, life is way the hell too damn short. Find a hammock, relax, and let me buy you a fictional mai tai :drink:

-Z

TT

[ Edited by: on 2004-08-12 04:39 ]

T

Well, you could call an individual a "Polyonado", an aficionado of all things Polynesian. Just put the words together. Its kinda fun to say too.

"Whats up my Polyonado brothers and sisters"

Man #1. "That guy sure makes a mean Mai Tai".

Man # 2. "You betcha, he's a real Polyonado"

[ Edited by: on 2004-08-12 04:40 ]

How about "Chump", or "Pineapple Chump" to give the name a tropical feel. Of course that name does not cover the Hot Rod scene, so maybe "Pineapple Grease Fried Chumps" would work. I still do not think that the name does the Surfers justice. So, what about Pineapple Grease Fried Stoned off their Asses Drunk Water Logged Chumps". That about covers it. What a great lifestyle!

Cheers,

KT

ps. I've been depresed ever since the demise of the the great Basement Kahuna

[ Edited by: Kreaky Tiki on 2004-08-11 22:36 ]

I dunno, but am I missing something here,
I thought the word for the lifestyle was TiKi...
Surfing is...surfing
Hot Rodding is...Hot Rodding
What we do here is...TiKi...

On 2004-08-11 19:58, TIKI TROY wrote:
nerd
"slacker"

What are you two saying about yourselves?
If your not into this culture, why do you post here?

I am looking for a name or word for a topic I am working on.

Why is it every time someone asks a serious question on here, some freaks think there funny and has to leave some dumb ass answers??? :P

Nerd. Slacker. You say it likes it's a bad thing. :) But now you're calling people freaks? You mean anyone here who thinks that they are (there?) funny? Aren't we all kinda freaky here?

Huge Magazine's Tiki Collection, Patterns, Pics and Links: http://www.hugemagazine.com/html/tiki.html

[ Edited by: kingslod on 2004-08-13 11:46 ]

I always loved phrases that are contradictions. Coconut Telegraph, Banana Blue...

Mixing parts of cultures that are viewd as paradise from afar in a post nuclear age brings to mind lots of grist.

I have read the phrase "Beatnic" was a blend of "Beat Generation" and the suffex "Nic" from the era of communist accusation, like Sputnic.

Something using that logic could be cobbled together.

I will meet with Mr Roget, and work it as best I can.

I agree with Bananabob, its 'Tiki', but if you want a word that sums it up and everything else it can go with, its 'Pop Culture'

TT

[ Edited by: on 2004-08-12 04:41 ]

Tikitroy, I've been grinding my teeth away trying to come up with some clever words..I hope you still want them.

Bamboozy is nice but I'm sure I'm not the first to think of it.

Alcohawaiian?

Blendertopia

Pinappatomic Age

Spacoutrigger Sounds

Zombeat Generation

Kamaiamainstreem music

and my favorites

Groglodyte

and The Tropicalworthington era. I have more but they are even worse.

[ Edited by: Gigantalope on 2004-08-12 19:58 ]

As Tiki Farm calls it "Polynesian Pop Culture"...
Tiki Troy, why did you edit/erase all your postings? just curious.

I have been thinking about this all day, Tiki Troy you said a word that collectively addresses all that goes with TiKi, like surfing Hot Rodding, and I still feel that there are activities and interest that TiKi people typically do but are not really a part of TiKi. For example, I don’t think you get a lot of surfing up in Milwaukee, and I gave up Hot Rods due to the time and expense. What I am saying is that TiKi is an “Island” thing and also a historical pop cultural thing as well as a collectable thing and all of the above have some similar or closely related interests that are not really connected to Tiki. (Whew, run-on sentence deluxe)
I was at Bongo Fury’s place at the opening of his Rincon Room and I found that a majority of the TC people there were artists. I would guess that 90% of TC people are artists if not as an occupation but a hobby. Artistic might be a better handle for Tiki people, but does not encompass the entire burrito, if you will.
One other phenomenon that I have found is that Tiki people are over all nice people. There are very little if, any flames on this board, and that says volumes about TC.
Rum almost forgot the Rum.
So I am back where I started, what to call Tiki Culture? TiKi.

T

Tiki is Tiki, all you really need to say, it is a word that has many meanings to many people. The same as saying Ohana, or aloha spirit, they mean many things to many people in many different ways. Tiki is Tiki.

Hang in there Troy, being the new guy on the block sucks but I had a good time meeting you and am glad you came to support me and the Pa'ina.

TROY! come back to the five and dime...

Jimmy Dean,Jimmy Dean.... 8)

Pages: 1 22 replies