Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Perseids tonight

Pages: 1 7 replies

H

Don't forget to look for the Perseid meteor shower tonight, best viewed between 1-3am (in any time zone). I don't imagine I'll have much luck seeing them in the heart of Los Angeles, but I'll be looking anyway.

Thanks for the reminder; it should be clear here in central KS. I generally go outside the city as even in these small towns we have light pollution. However, the last few years there have been some bright enough to see if I just lay on my roof.

Thanks for the tip! Maybe it'll be my dog's lucky night and I'll actually get up to take him out when he whines at 2am (it's not because he has to "go", he likes to hunt bunnies at night)

-Z

H

I actually saw them pretty well from my house in Seattle two years ago, which surprised me. Seattle's got a fair amount of light pollution. While they're peaking tonight, I'm likely to be driving down Sunset Blvd. on my way home from Tiki-Ti, so I'll be shocked if I see anything. :) I'm hoping it'll be better once I get home.

10 years ago during the metetor shower I was a cabin boy then 15 mins later I was a cabin man!

JT

I'd been waiting three weeks to see the celestial show and now Florida is clouded over due to two hurricanes expected over the next three days!

Looks like a Blockbuster Video weekend.

M

Thanks for the heads up on that one. It looked great from our place in the burbs!

I have always been fortunate to have the Geminid shower on my birthday.
Natural fireworks on your birthday ain't bad.

http://comets.amsmeteors.org/meteors/showers/geminids.html

Pages: 1 7 replies