Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki Farm's Suffering Bastards

Pages: 1 13 replies

Tiki Farm has more Trader Vic's authorized reproductions of the Suffering Bastard (a.k.a. Mai Tai Joe, a.k.a. shrunken squatter) up for $8 each. They can also be purchased from ebay for about $36 each. :wink:

T
thejab posted on Mon, Sep 9, 2002 1:22 PM

The ones on their web site for $8 are small shot mugs, not to be confused with the full size ones.

they may be small mai tai joes at the moment but full size mugs are coming soon, i can't wait!

Not to mention the decanters!

Do you suppose they may be available in Trader Vic's the same way Mr Bali Hai is at the bar of the same name? Vic's would be fools not to pick up the baton on this one.

Trader Woody

they'll hopefully be at the restaurants, too! Also, a new Trader Vic's hourglass style mug dubbed "The Signature Mug" which features a raised relief New Guinean tiki goddess (the classic design from their napkins, matchbooks, etc.) and Trader Vic's in raised letters on the back!
Holden

are the big new mr bali hai ever going to be avalible from tiki farm or are they only exclusivly avalible at the resturant?

While I was going to say go out to the Bali Hai yourself and get one, I then realized that it's probably a long drive from SCOTLAND.

I was at the Bali Hai two nights ago for dinner and got one of their 'world famous' Mai Tais in the mug. Let me tell you, they make 'em real strong there. The waitress said that they don't hardly sell any of the mugs anymore.

If the drive from Scotland is to far, maybe you can have them send you a mug. Their phone number is (619) 222 - 1181. If you don't trust me, you can check out balihairestaurant.com.

The restaurant is everything that I thought it would be and more. Super cool carved tikis everywhere, Hawiian music playing, huge view of the bay, and very tasty food. Also, much of Shelter Island's local architecture is very polynesian.

I finally have the ol' Bali Hai mug up on my shelf. Good luck on getting yours.

T

Thanks for providing the Bali Hai's web site. The last time I was there was a couple years ago and I'm looking forward to returning now that they have restored the original colors on Mr. Bali Hai at the front and brought back the mugs. I'll be in SD for the week of Thanksgiving. Perhaps I can meet with a tiki centralite or 2 at the Bali Hai.

You just let me know and I'll meet you out there.

My Mother In-Law just bought me the shot glass on ebay for 9.00, so the prices must be going down ??? Alot better then 36.00.

The $36 version is a full size mug, your mother-in-law got you the shot glass which is understandibly smaller, and less expensive.

Why not, unless they are out of production, buy direct from Tiki Farm if it's a Tiki Farm product that your after? Their site is tikifarm.com and the price your mother-in-law paid is a buck more than the Farm charges. That means that some joker made a buck and the Farm missed a sale. I understand that some people probably aren't aware that you can order direct. Check it out.

The auction mentioned for 36.00 was for the shot glass version, at least that's what the seller called it in thier description. And it is the same size as the one my mother in law bought me, so same mug !
I do know about tiki farm (thanks for the info though), so I myself would buy direct if the price was lower. There are however several mugs from tikifarm on right now that are cheaper then ordering direct.
Anyways, my mother in law, is not into tiki items, so she had no clue of direct sites. Plus she loves ebay and loves the thrill of the hunt and bidding. It also was a gift so I would never tell her she paid 1.00 to much, and just a buck more isn't bad if you are comfortable with buying on ebay. $36.00 is !!! I was just saying the price has gone down.

T

Where are Tiki Farm selling the full size squatter? I don't see it on their site. Is it out yet? Anyone?

:sheckymug:

I was one of the fortunate ones who recieved 1 of the 75 squatters they made in some limited edition brown about a month or so ago. They look great. I have not seen the full size yet.

Pages: 1 13 replies