Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Freecycle

Pages: 1 5 replies

D

i love Craigslist.org, but found freecycle.org to be even cooler!

The Seattle Times did an article on Freecycling~ i tried it yesterday, and WOW, i got rid of a new screen door in minutes.. and today i requested a sewing machine, and within a half hour, a woman offered her machine!

you join a local Yahoo group (www.freecycle.org for a group near you). and offer or request something.

"Freecycling is a worldwide movement dedicated to recycling useful items within communities. Through Freecycle, find new homes for what you no longer use and receive things you need--free!"

i better ask for tiki stuff here in seattle before one of you beats me to it!

elicia

Freecycle aye?

How interesting. I'm in my git rid of stuff phase, so I should phone them...but I'm sure in a week or so I could turn the tide and collect valuble parting gifts!

Hot tip!

Thanks, Dogbytes, if I score big, I'll let you know.

Cheers

Gigantalope

[ Edited by: Gigantalope on 2004-08-14 23:24 ]

Jeff and I have been part of Freecycle for about a year now.

It is a fantastic way to find homes for those things you don't want to or can't just throw in the trash. (old furniture, pile of bricks, extra computer fan, surplus of plants etc.)

We had a 500 gallon oil tank we needed to get rid of, it would have cost thousands to have hauled away to the dump. Someone on a neighboring island needed it, so they came and picked it up!

I highly recommend it.

I just discovered freecycle myself. Talk about a great idea.

Not sure if this is the place to do it, but I want to do a freecycle style offer of hawaiian shirts that are great - but don't look great on me.

OFFER: 2 petite women's hawaiian shirts, Hollywood, FL
Will work great for someone's daugters as well.

One shirt is a small with mini sleeves. Yellow undercolor with large light green leaves an yellow-orange hibiscus flowers. Silk fabric.

The other shirt is a small 3/4 sleeve shirt. Red color with long greenish bamboo stalks with leaves.

I'm not interested in selling these, just giving them to a willing owner. Just pay shipping cost. Please PM me if interested.

[ Edited by: I dream of tiki 2006-11-27 17:12 ]

I love Freecycle! I have given and taken! Freecycle etiquette is to give and then receive! What a great way to get more out of life!

RD

I just got a KILN!! A really nice fuggin KILN off freecycle, thanks to a fast-acting friend. For free!! YAAAY!!! Now I need to run 220 into the shop but.... the Demons finally have their own kiln!!

When we need to give free stuff away, we just put a sign on it and stick it on the front sidewalk. Our house is on a busy street so the stuff disappears almost instantly.

-Joe

Pages: 1 5 replies