Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

From the Founder of International Tiki Day

Pages: 1 2 52 replies

TM

When Hakalugi and others say that Bong does not need this forum, it's because Bong is at most of the tiki events anyway. He has lot's of friends here, and makes new ones each time, instead of driving old ones away by pissing them off.

TM

In case anyone wonders why I would dredge up the past, it's because I have a close and personal friendship with Bong. Reading many people's first impressions of him when they first met him, contradicts his sarcastic postings of old. It mirrors MY first impressions of him as well. The guy is very different in person. You can't judge a person by his postings, without seeing facial or body language, or seeing the smile on his face as he pressed "submit".

Who knows why Bong was banned. I am sure Hanford had his reasons, and probably good reasons too. Bong is bong, and rarely swims the same direction as other fish. And just like me (and BTD, can come off as being sarcastic and just plain mean, sometimes...even inflammatory.

But the Bong I know is a stand-up guy, who I count as one of my best friends. I talk to him daily, always calling him for advice, opinions, ect..nothing even related to Tiki. Just "life" stuff.

He got me to reconcile with my Dad who passed away this week.

Bong is the kind of guy that always lends a helping hand. He would give the shirt off his back, most times. Funny thing is, despite the fact that we are of totally different political backgrounds, I get along with him great. I think most people who meet him for the first time end up liking him.

Just my two cents.

Personally, I always hated him until last weekend when he handed me the the trophy for best entry in the I.T.D. Beach Burn . Now Im totally in love with him . I had to change my image because now I am "The Lord of the Tiki Burn " for an entire year . Without Bong , I would just be a simple peasant like before . ALL HAIL BONG !!!!! (as the trumpets go doo doodoo doooooooo)

On 2008-08-14 12:09, lucas vigor wrote:

I think most people who meet him for the first time end up liking him.

That's after they kick his ass. Thats how I learned to like him. Just Kidding
Bongs a good dude...when he is sleeping.
Ok Really

Pages: 1 2 52 replies