Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Kelbos plea again.

Pages: 1 8 replies

By some chance has anybody come across any Kelbos stuff lately?( other than mugs, and ashtrays). I really want a pic of the drink menu that used to light up. If I can't find one, I will make one!.Also if anyone has a photo drink menu in color , I would like to "rent" it so I can scan and copy it, A hefty reserve (security fee) would be ok by me.TWT

Oh THAT. You never asked me bout that specifically. I have a slide of the menu that was on a roll that the lab overdeveloped, but it is still good.
Now you have to wait again though, it's in the archive, and I will be far away from it for a couple of months, sorry.

You damn tease you!!!. Email me your adress so I can send back your Kelbos tiki pics, or do I drop them at the "T"?

CU at the T.
...in November! :(

can you guys tell me about Kelbos. It was my grandfathers restaurant and he died before i was born. Do you have a picture of it?

See the nifty "Search" feature for more links but here are some pics:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=17225&forum=1&start=15&hilite=kelbos

Hi everyone! I was just telling my new girlfriend about my childhood. We live in Las Vegas, and she is much younger than me (oh lucky me). I grew up in S.California and loved my childhood. I was born in 1963 and came from a very average normal divorced family. My parents got along and shared me. Well, when I was 3 yrs. old, my mom met a man by the name of Jack G. If anyone knows him or his whereabouts I would love to thank him for being such a wonderful stepfather (I was 11 when they divorced, he left everything to my mom and me, A real man. God Bless him). Well anyway, he was a chef and kitchen manager at Kelbos, (oh what memories). The stars from CBS would come in for lunch, Chad Everett signed a head shot for me, and I met several others. My dad found a big ol' cat in the alley or parking lot behind the restaurant. We named her Kelbo. She was my first pet I miss her so much. Moms XKE Jaguar with right hand steering was stolen from there, but was recovered at LAX a couple of days later. I really miss the food, oh what food! I have never had anything quite like it since. It was incredible, and the atmosphere was like Disneyland; I just loved going to daddy's work. Oh what memories! I am so sad to hear that it is no longer. Thank you all for your Kelbos memories.

Aloha, JJ, and welcome to TC.

If you have a chance and inclination, you're more than welcome to tell us, in more detail, stories about Kelbo's from your childhood. First-hand tales are always so fascinating.

Mahalo!

Pages: 1 8 replies