Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Two vintage albums for sale

Pages: 1 4 replies

I just picked up two Hawaiian albums on vinyl yesterday at a used record store here in Milwaukee. I couldn't find dates on either, but they are both obviously from the 50's.

The first one is called Holiday on those Magical Islands of Hawaii by Willie Alunuai and His Band.

The second one is The Magic Islands by Alfred Newman and his orchestra with the Ken Darby Singers. This one is very cool, with a 12 page full-color booklet inside including a dictionary of useful Hawaiian words and phrases.

Both albums are in good condition with no scratches or flaws to the vinyl whatsoever.

I don't own a turntable, but I figured someone on TC would want them. Is anyone interested in them? I'm not sure of their value, but you let me know what you think is fair.

I don't have pics right now since my camera died, but I will post them in a few days when I get a new camera.

Thats the problems I've been having with my older LPs. Back then, it seems they didn't even put a copyright notice, let alone the copyright year. I wonder why?

You're right. There's no clue as to a copywrite whatsoever. I don't know why you wouldn't do this. They did do copywrites back then, didn't they?

On 2004-08-16 11:32, Digitiki wrote:
Thats the problems I've been having with my older LPs. Back then, it seems they didn't even put a copyright notice, let alone the copyright year. I wonder why?

I guess back then most people didn't have home recording equipment. I remember my Dad messing around with those huge reel to reel tapes in the late 60's. They were so cumbersome and expensive (in both equipment & tape costs) that it would have been cheaper just to go out and buy the album.

Also, I can't imagine pirating being too much of an issue (once again, the expense of bootlegging vinyl) and most record companies didn't think their records would be selling into the next year, never mind 50 years on.

Trader Woody

Makes sense I suppose. I guess all the teenagers didn't have vinyl presses in their rooms to copy their friends albums!

If anyone wanted to trade some small trinket for these, that would be super good.

Pages: 1 4 replies