Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

eBay: #1 set of PJT Tiki MiniMugs

Pages: 1 14 replies

The complete #1 set of MiniMugs, plus a bonus bamboo display shelf.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3925979418

Hot Damn!

Great work, PJ.

now if only my name was Ken...

-Z

Those are awesome, PJ. I tried, but my max is unfortunately below your reserve. :(

DZ

Wow! Where did you get that giant quarter?? :P

Actually, the mugs look great and the detail is incredible (I love the Steve Crane especially!)

V

really nice work PJ,
You must have good eyes.

Really amazing detail, purple jade! I'm familiar with the effort involved in making miniatures - my wife makes miniature teddy bears, monkeys, rabbits, etc. out of teeny tiny pieces of mohair cloth! Anyway, I'm curious what the mugs are made of? Is it a Super Sculpey type modeling clay or are they ceramic? Nice work!

TikiTimbo

On 2004-08-16 11:28, virani wrote:
really nice work PJ,
You must have good eyes.

or really small hands!

Thanks guys!
It's a high reserve, I know, but this is my best offering to date, I'm hoping it makes me something decent.

Tiki Timbo ~
They are resin. The originals were done with Sculpey though.

Virani and TikiBird~
I have TERRIBLE eyes actually... and smallish hands that only work half the time. :)
However I have superhuman cat-like hearing and a keen sense of smell. And the ability to offend and repel people at vast distances. This only qualified me for the Minor League of Mutants, though. And I don't care for their uniform.

PurpleJade had those mugs displayed at the Oasis this past May. They are really well done and incredibly intricate.

Bid Long and Prosper.

hot damn those are so sweet, if only my wife and I hadnt banned ourselves from e-bay (just had to have that dress, and Westwood teapot damn damn damn, friggin dress made me look like a girl to LOL)

F
foamy posted on Wed, Aug 18, 2004 5:40 AM

Those little mugs are pretty darn cool. What a good idea and excellent execution. PJ, you are the sculpting queen.

Very cool. I approve! Too bad I'm busted! Buying tiki mugs off ebay has a tendency to rapidly diminish ones bank account. Unfortunately, I have not yet acquired the ability to reframe!

Awesome work Ms. Jade.

Those are really nice, great job, gonna have to bid on one of those sets.

[ Edited by: purple jade 2005-08-25 09:31 ]

Pages: 1 14 replies